Linking an ImagePath
    Is it possible to add a link to an image path?

For example, I have an URL in my database that I reference on my detail page as: [WM-ImagePath: band_url]

The result is an image of a band. What I want to do is then link from that image of the band to the product page.

I'm sure someone has done this, but I can't seem to find it using the search.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, what I've done to move this along is to create a field in my database for both the Ad image and the Ad URL. So, I guess what I need is an HTML solution for allowing the Image to link to the URL.

I am not trying to create another tier, but instead I want to jump from the Ad image, which is on a detail page, to an outside site page.

What I have so far is this:
    <td>[WM-If: ad_image = empty] YOUR AD HERE [WM-Else][WM-ImagePath: ad_image] <a href="[WM-FIELD: ad_url]" target="_blank"</a> [/WM-If]</td>
    Last edited by dpdiaz; September 9th, 2010 at 04:24 AM.

Your html looks a little rusty, you would need to change that a little, to :

<td><a href="[WM-FIELD: ad_url]" target="_blank">[WM-If: ad_image = empty] YOUR AD HERE [WM-Else][WM-ImagePath: ad_image][/WM-If]</a> </td>
    in order to have the image as a link - BUT if there is no image your anchor text for that link will be "Your Ad Here" which can't possibly relate to the URL you're linking to. A better idea might be to sort through the datafeed first to use only URLs that have images and change the [WM-If: to [WM-FIELD: ImageUrl. Most datafeeds are not ready to use "as is".

First of all, your fix to my html worked great. But, you make a very good point, unless there is a url in the field, the default ends up linking to the same page in a new window.Keeping files in a separate folder sounds like more hassle than I want to get in to. So, I am still left with a dilemma of how to make it work. It seems like a design problem that I will still need to keep thinking on. Thanks so much for your help.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread