http and a telephoto
    Moving house and not webistes for a change Well, actually moving for the forth time in 3 years due to circumstances beyond my control (for the previous 3 moves). Anyway, my son and I bought a place to live that needs remodeling, so my online access will be pretty limited for the next few weeks. So if anyone is looking for me, I may not be readily available

I hope Mercury going retrograde doesn't mess things up too much!!!!

And I hope my sites can survive and prosper without me watching over them and tweaking them and stuff. I have been working feverishly in anticipation of this move, hopefully got enough online to keep the spiders and shoppers happy for a few weeks!!!

Oh, and if you liked my butterflies check out the cards and posters sections in the butterfly site in my sig, I added a couple of new styles of butterfly images!! Paint shop pro came out with some new filters (airbrush, fauvist and gothic!) that the butterfly photos seem to like! (I was going to make a separate thread about the butterflies, but I am too tired! LOL)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > And I hope my sites can survive and prosper without me watching over them

Ofcourse they will, if Google don't keep watch, Yahoo, MSN will.

Ok, time to start getting your customers...... Kidding!

Good luck with move.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey Deb, I moved seven times between November 1995 and November 2003. I feel for ya! Don't push yourself too hard, eat right and get plenty of sleep.

My one big tip about moving is to pack one box of "essentials" for each critical room of the house, e.g., kitchen, bathroom, and bedrooms and take them in the car with you if possible. Do NOT let the movers put them on the truck. It stinks when you can't find your toothbrush, sheets and towels, or stuff to make coffee with on your first night in a new house.

http and a telephoto
    LOL, movers? What movers? Oh yeah, my nephews. They are good at losing stuff! At least this time I am where family can help somewhat and I don't have to move all at once or really fast.

The big problems are the remodeling costs. Of course it is always more than you expect. And the "included appliances" don't work and need immediate replacement. The washing machine flooding the bathroom wasn't a happy site

First and most important expense: $2500 for a ramp/deck so my son (who is in a wheelchair) can get in and help make the decisions about the interior!

Hopefully we will be settled for a couple of years once we get in. I have writing to do...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey Deb, look at the remodeling project this way...as an online marketer you probably already know some great places to buy stuff cheap!

I hate remodeling. We're about to have some work done in our kitchen (new countertops, backsplash, sink and faucet) and I'm dreading it. It'll look great when it's finished but having the kitchen in disarray for a week or two is not something I'm looking forward to.

We got all new kitchen appliances when we bought this house and you can save a ton of money buying loss leader stuff at Home Depot or Loew's if you don't care who the manufacturer is. Our range is Hotpoint, our fridge is Frigidaire, and our dishwasher is GE!

I hope we can stay in this house for a long time. I'm getting really tired of living a nomadic lifestyle. I wish the same for you in your new home!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread