I got an email from kowabunga warning me one of the affiliates I had signed up representing MetricsDirect is allegedly participating in fraudulent activity.

"In summary, this company encourages users to install software on their computers, often in exchange for mp3 downloads or other incentives. This software, once installed, will track the user's browser activity and, most importantly, will attempt to take credit for any hit to your web site, regardless of how the visitor finds your site. In this scenario you are rewarding this affiliate for a commission even if the visitor actually found your site through another affiliate, or even if they simply typed your domain into their browser. We believe that these practices not only cheat your other affiliates, they cheat you directly."

Any AM's out there have experience with these guys? They aren't really performing for me, i'm just curious if anybody has experienced this fraud yet? Pretty cool that Kowabunga makes me aware of this so I can get rid of these guys. I wonder which company out there could take notes on this practice...hmmmm.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    I agree with the recommendations of Kowabunga! here... to the point where 180 Solutions / Metrics Direct were removed from the ShareASale network over 1 year ago.

Well done Kowabunga! !!

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO -, Inc.

There are ten's of threads on that subject.
    180solutions / nCase / Zango / Metricsdirect

Untill now, both linkshare & CJ/Bfree allow these scumbags in their program. Just last week Performics sent out the same type of letter as you mention towards their merchants.

Cool, that's all I needed to know. I'll dump them. Kowabunga dudes!

I questioned an affiliate that signed up for my in-house program and she replied denying any accusations of course and sent me a word doc from the CEO. I would like to take one piece from that doc....
    "To summarize, here are the key points to understand about our company and why we hold up against the recent criticisms:
    <LI> 180solutions delivers value to affiliate advertisers
    <LI> 180solutions delivers normal sized websites to users, not pop-up ads
    <LI> 180solutions protects merchants and affiliates
    <LI> 180solutions delivers leads and sales to Advertisers they would not have access to otherwise
    <LI> 180solutions respects users’ privacy[/list]"

If you want to read this denial doc from the CEO let me know, I would like some opinions on this. This probably has already circulated ABW but I couldn't find it in any thread. Pretty laughable...

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread