Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Since the thread was closed WHILE I was formulating a reply, I'd like the chance to respond to Travellin' Man's threats...

>How would you like it if I bashed your
    >country? Mexico has some very significant
    >problems.

At least Mexico admits it has problems. The USA likes to sweep them under the carpet or pretend it's less of a problem than it really is (torturing prisoners in Iraq and GTO at the behest of the administration, 10% of black males in prison, etc etc).

>If you are not an American Citizen and don’t
    >vote in this country your remarks don’t mean
    >spit!

Well, if your "president" (cough cough) was content to just screw up the USA then I wouldn't be so worried, but this idiot is going around the planet invading sovereign nations pre-emptively on bad intelligence, forewarning other countries that they're next, causing an excalation of the possibility of an all-out war. That's bad for me and other peace loving people around the world and if you think I'm going to sit here and keep my mouth shut just because he's YOUR presidentm then you're very sadly mistaken.

>Keep bashing the US …see what it’ll get you.

Aha. And you wonder why the world hates you? Here's the "we're more perfect than you and if you don't agree, we'll kick your ass!" reaction. Text book. Get help.

Whaddya gonna do? Invade Mexico to teach me a lesson?

That's exactly the mistake GWB made. OBL has been preaching for years that the USA would invade a middle east country on any pathetic excuse it could think of, and that's exactly what GWB went and did. And the terrorist recruits are queueing right around the block because of it.

It talks years to train a soldier (properly). It takes minutes to equip a terrorist. If you honestly think the USA is safer with GWB and his right-wing-think-tank-invade-Iraq-to-secure-the-oil buddies (it's was all laid out years ago before GWB got into power) running the show, you are SADLY mistaken, and unfortunately from the number of you that still believe GWB knows best, you're going to (sadly) find out the hard way that he's taken the country in completely the wrong direction.

Your military is spreading itself thin - your national guard is in Iraq for chrissake - and the recruiting office is having trouble convincing any more poor sods to join. If North Korea decides to pre-emptively take action against you (which it has every right to now, because GWB has threatened them, and USA has WMD - which is all the excuse he needed to invade Iraq) will you be able to get your troops back in the mainland in time?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0810/d...te.html?s=ent2

But, hey, if you want to sit and watch Fox News and believe it when GWB says over and over again ("America is safer" - that's called brainwashing BTW) then I can't really do much about it. All I can tell you is that you're fooling yourself and you need to start looking at the bigger picture.

I know I am no one to talk but let's not let this get out of hand. BTW I am sorry you were cut off from posting your point before the thread was closed.

travellin' man,

What a sad pathetic case you are!

I am so glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of the United States Freedom of Speech Act so you can spew your Bile!

I can only hope you are not living in this country now or never get a green card so you can take advantage of our good nature and pollute us with your bull hockey rhetoric!

As we are a free country you will probably find yourself crossing the water to come to this HORRIBLE country! OR is it more likely you already live here so you can ***** as you please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    I know I am no one to talk but let's not let this get out of hand. BTW I am sorry you were cut off from posting your point before the thread was closed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Iam a vet from the "korean war", it took 14 weeks to train us, in basic training,when we got new Ng's or er, we had to train them overseas, but the scrub in the white house is not a leader, he stole the election,and is bankrupting the country, with the tax cuts to the super rich, and big industry,that didn't generate any jobs, only in the pockets of his contributors, and cheney is even worse, with halburton, he made a fortune, rember it was scrub one that promised the Iraq's we would help them get rid of the madman,hussein, we didn't, he killed off all the religious leaders and the kurds up north,and bailed junior out dozens of times in yale, where he was a junkie and boozer,I am an independent voter, and decided 4 years ago,I would never vote for someone that bought the election in Florida, which is his brother's domain, pimple ballots, BS,he shoulfd have gotten the same as tricky dick.These "terrorists", are not men, but cowardly animals, that hide behind masks, and slaughter innocent people.As far as Mexico goes, we bailed you out many times,to get rid of santa anna,his french gold sources, and pancho villa, and support many here, and watch all the jobs move there.This "cowboy" doesn't care 2 beans for the average American, and only the oil barons, if he had his way, the whole country would be destroyed looking for more oil, and that's where enron is, in his state, what happened to them?????nothing.
    Don't blame the citizens for what ego manaics are not doing.Nov. things will change, and we can start recovery again, the big surplus we had when he bought the election was gone fast, he is using 9/11 to cover his lack of leadership,
    my nickles worth, I know too many that never came back, we have to get our priorities straight, charity begins at home, then you go help people.The terrors of africa went unoticed, because there isn't any known oil there.
    JJ

ABW has always stood for free expression of thoughts - I am seeing a trend I hope to stop FAST!

Shutting down threads will make this forum a dictatorship - are there not enough of those already.

Enough with the heavy-handed moderation!

Let free speech no maters how vile --------- continue so we can express ourselves as the constitution and HAIKO intended!

Uh...not supposed to reopen a thread that has been closed. You all are bad tonight.

That being said, how did this get so far with out me?

Drewbert, we know! We know! But, what can we do but wait and vote? Hopefully, he will be a has been, soon.

Remember, when you are mad at the US, more than half of us DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM.

If you think you're upset, think how we feel. We never wanted him and look how he has acted. Look what he has done. There are a lot of US citizens pretty danged upset with the situation. We are embarrased and humiliated and can't wait to get him out of office.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't see the originating thread but if all political discussions on ABW could be as civil, well thought out and well presented as this page, I for one would be a very happy camper.

Thanks guys

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    travellin' man,

I am so glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of the United States Freedom of Speech Act so you can spew your Bile!

I can only hope you are not living in this country now or never get a green card so you can take advantage of our good nature and pollute us with your bull hockey rhetoric!

As we are a free country you will probably find yourself crossing the water to come to this HORRIBLE country! OR is it more likely you already live here so you can ***** as you please? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra, Did you even read what travellin man posted? I'll quote it for you.

What you said makes no sense to me. Could you clarify please?

"Drewbert, I may be a newbie and not hold much water on ABW but I take exception to a lot of your anti-US comments. I spent 20 years working for the US government and have seen some ugly s**t. Do you really think if there was a different administration in office things would be different? I can tell you from experience “not by much”.

How would you like it if I bashed your country? Mexico has some very significant problems. If you are not an American Citizen and don’t vote in this country your remarks don’t mean spit! Keep bashing the US …see what it’ll get you.

TM
    Travelin' Colorado"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    ABW has always stood for free expression of thoughts - I am seeing a trend I hope to stop FAST!

Shutting down threads will make this forum a dictatorship - are there not enough of those already.

Enough with the heavy-handed moderation!

Let free speech no maters how vile --------- continue so we can express ourselves as the constitution and HAIKO intended! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't see the bull shit but I can smell it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dirk Gardner:
    I didn't see the originating thread but if all political discussions on ABW could be as civil, well thought out and well presented as this page, I for one would be a very happy camper.

Thanks guys <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't celebrate so soon. Hadn't you noticed there is no opposition?

Well, we could all post about why we think our country is great and why all the others stink...

Truth is - no country is perfect and none have a perfect record - all have their faults and all have great things about them too.

I could go on at length about Mexico and the problems there - which is why we see so many of them cross the border to find work here in Texas. (and the troubles it causes here because of them) But I'm not going to because it would only get ugly in the end. And they can't help that they are poor.

And there is a lot of things that could be improved on here in my country too. I hope someday we will get an honest president and congress (who really runs things) that will do the right thing reguardless of politics. But all in all - I am still proud to be an American.

I think we all love our countries and should respect that. (I am going to try to)
    Ebudae

So much hate coming from you. Do you hate America, Americans? Or maybe you are just a little jealous of our prosperity? No, you just hate Bush, right? Maybe hate me too. After this post I’m sure you and many others will hate me a lot more.

Yes we do have big problems here in the US. And many of our problems are caused by your country, illegal immigrants, drug lords pushing dope into our country…hell most of your government is corrupt and on the take. I can cite some examples if you like?

There are a lot of good people in this country trying very hard to make it a better place for all. I for one think our president is doing a fine job taking the fight to the terrorists! As a matter of fact the majority of the people in this country think he is doing a good job. If terrorists conducted a major attack against your country wouldn’t you want to go after them to keep it from happening again? Oh wait, your country would ask the US to do that for you…wouldn’t they?

Really Drewbert, even if Peter Pan was president I would take offense to any non-US hack taking cheap shots at him. You need to take care of your own house first!

&gt;At least Mexico admits it has problems.

Yeah right…

&gt;The USA likes to sweep them under the &gt;carpet or pretend it's less of a problem &gt;than it really is (torturing prisoners in Iraq &gt;and GTO at the behest of the &gt;administration, 10% of black males in prison, etc &gt;etc).

No prisoners were tortured in Iraq (That’s BS). We had some sick individuals playing games with the prisoners. Do you know what torture is Drewbert? The pulling of finger nails, electric shock to the genitals, etc. That’s torture. You must get you news from the partisan media CNN and the AP.

10% percent blacks in prison? I think that number may be a bit higher. I can’t really answer to that charge but I’d wager a guess that most are guilty of the crimes they committed. I’m sure there are some that were railroaded. It happens in any country. What about Mexico? I’ve read that if you are not among the elite white in your country you are treated like pond scum. Should I cite some examples?

&gt;Well, if your "president" (cough cough) was content to just screw up the USA then I &gt;wouldn't be so worried, but this idiot is going around the planet invading sovereign &gt;nations pre-emptively on bad intelligence, forewarning other countries that they're &gt;next, causing an excalation of the possibility of an all-out war. That's bad for me &gt;and other peace loving people around the world and if you think I'm going to sit &gt;here and keep my mouth shut just because he's YOUR presidentm then you're very &gt;sadly mistaken.

The intelligence Bush used was the same intelligence the British, Russians, Australians, Canadians, and many others had. Both our houses of congress saw this evidence and voted to give Bush the authority to “preemptively attack Iraq”. The British government also came to the same conclusions that a preemptive strike was needed. In fact Both Blair and Bush were vindicated on those accusations of trumped-up intelligence. Made some idiot news people look stupid and they later apologized. I guess you didn’t hear that? Do I need to cite the reports? You need to get your facts straight. Why do you say a preemptive strike on Iraq is bad for you (Mexico)? I don’t think you’d have to worry about any country (especially the US) invading Mexico. I would suggest to you that the US is the country being invaded…by Mexico. Must be a great place to be.

I’d like to add, many say that a preemptive strike on Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. Well it has been proven that there were Al Quita there. They had training camps and they did meet with Iraqi officials. Answer me this: Why would Al Quita have their people in just about every other country in the word (including the US) and NOT in Iraq? Hmmm.

&gt;Keep bashing the US …see what it’ll get you.

&gt;Aha. And you wonder why the world hates you? Here's the "we're more perfect &gt;than you and if you don't agree, we'll kick your ass!" reaction. Text book. Get help.

The world doesn’t hate us…nice exaggeration. There are countries I agree hate us but not the world. The US does more for the “world” than all other countries put together. We “give” billions of dollars in food and aid to more than 100 countries. I think Mexico is on that list. Hell we gave 8 billion dollars to Africa to help them fight their aids epidemic. It seems everyone has their hand out. Americans are compassionate and give until it hurts. You know, when we got hammered on 9/11 where were all those countries we helped? Did they offer to help us? Hmmm?

&gt;Whaddya gonna do? Invade Mexico to teach me a lesson?

I think I answered that.

&gt;That's exactly the mistake GWB made. OBL has been preaching for years that the &gt;USA would invade a middle east country on any pathetic excuse it could think of, &gt;and that's exactly what GWB went and did. And the terrorist recruits are queueing &gt;right around the block because of it.

What a load of BS. Where’d you here this crap…the BBC?

&gt;It talks years to train a soldier (properly). It takes minutes to equip a terrorist. If &gt;you honestly think the USA is safer with GWB and his right-wing-think-tank-invade-&gt;Iraq-to-secure-the-oil buddies (it's was all laid out years ago before GWB got into &gt;power) running the show, you are SADLY mistaken, and unfortunately from the &gt;number of you that still believe GWB knows best, you're going to (sadly) find out &gt;the hard way that he's taken the country in completely the wrong direction.

Hey, it’s better to have a president who isn’t afraid to take matters into his own hands when his country needs to be protected than a president that only has himself in mind. You’ll be thanking him and the US when finally this world is safe from the radical nut jobs in the Middle East.

Right wing…oil buddies…laid out years before GWB got into power…what have you been smoking? Where’d you hear that, the New York Times? You’d believe any old propaganda won’t you? Really do you think if Bush had an agenda “war for oil” we would have taken over Kuwait long ago? Or taken over the Iraqi pipeline and sucked up their oil? This oil thing is such a tired argument. Don’t you have anything better?

&gt;Your military is spreading itself thin - your national guard is in Iraq for chrissake - &gt;and the recruiting office is having trouble convincing any more poor sods to join. If &gt;North Korea decides to pre-emptively take action against you (which it has every &gt;right to now, because GWB has threatened them, and USA has WMD - which is all &gt;the excuse he needed to invade Iraq) will you be able to get your troops back in &gt;the mainland in time?

Our military is doing a superb job. They may be spread a little thin in places (thanks to the Clinton administration) but they are managing well. Recruiting isn’t a problem either. As for Korea, they can’t even take care of themselves let alone attack the US. It’d be a fool move on their part.

You don’t know what’s best for this country. You don’t live here you don’t vote here. The only thing that forms your false opinions is what you hear from the partisan media. You’re not an American so it really doesn’t matter what you think does it? You might try listening to FOX news from time to time. It was shown in an independent study they are a lot closer to the center (when it comes to politics) than CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS.

I’ll put up with the pres. bashing by Americans…if they “vote” it’s their right. I respect their comments. You folks from other countries, I think you need to take care of your own house first. If you bash this country you will get my attention!!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

travellin' man,

As we are a free country you will probably find yourself crossing the water to come to this HORRIBLE country! OR is it more likely you already live here so you can ***** as you please? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your comments Sandra. I guess you didn't acquire a sense of patriotism while you were in the Military. How do you feel about foreiners bashing your president (no matter how screwed up he his)?

Yes I am a born US citizen and have served my time for Uncle Sam.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Moderators - Can we please shut this thread down before it gets ugly?

Thanks.
    Ebudae

Dang Ebudae,

Its just getting interesting

Dang Ebudae,

Its just getting interesting <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but I think Chet was right when he posted in the other thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> posted August 12, 2004 12:09 AM
    Heyder, i posted before reading your last one. And while I know you are joking, it is almost what this forum is becoming.

"I like cheese."

"Of course you liberal cheese eating tax loving bastard"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ebudae

ABW Ambassador
    Travelin' Man, thanks for the insanity, do you have a web site where you spout this stuff off?

Thanks

Chet

Jersey Jim,

I lived in Jersey for about 10 years back in the '70s. First I want to say thank you for your service to this country. Also, I do respect your comments. I would however like to hear what YOU would have done in the aftermath of 9/11? You think this pres. acted incorrectly, what would you have done?

Also, Bush DID win the election fair and square. The media made sure they recounted all the Florida votes after all the BS died down and Bush did come away with more votes than Gore. Don't you know there would have been a bloody stink in the press if that weren't the case. Instead the press said almost most nothing about their recount leaving Joe Q public to believe Bush stoled the election.
    Travelin' Man

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you hate America, Americans? Or maybe you are just a little jealous of our prosperity? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We “give” billions of dollars in food and aid to more than 100 countries. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am really proud of US because I am not a US citizen. Your goverment has decided to spend BILLIONS in donations (and military) while your country is getting deeper and deeper in debt each year. Who gonna pay the bill? "Prosperity"?

Terrorism
    Terrorism is indeed in an uptrend ("bull market"). And even there are not much happening after 911, but terrorism has indeed win, even if US has invaded Iraq. Do you remember few days ago when US captured a computer engineer and get some hints on a possible attack? How many buildings needed to be secured and how many roads needed to be blocked? Even there were no real bombing, they have win, the terrorists are laughing in their 'cave'.

Look at the different of the cost of a terrorisism act and the PRICE the US has to pay! Terrorism is cheap, that's why it will be more and more. I myself, doesn't really know how to handle this and cannot make a good judgement on whether the invation on IRAQ shall be executed if I am the president. I am not sure if Kerry can make a good decision either.

Osama
    I can't explain the details well due my "style" of english. But I would cut it short. Osama is actually being trained and funded by the US goverment in his early age where he learned all the stuff as 'goriella warfare' and 'terrorism funding'.

http://proliberty.com/observer/20011005.htm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Travelin' Man, thanks for the insanity, do you have a web site where you spout this stuff off?

Thanks

Chet <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure Chet...check out my favorite site www.rushlimbaugh.com I have a few others you can check too. Let me know.
    Travelin' Man

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travelin' Man:
    Jersey Jim,

Also, Bush DID win the election fair and square. The media made sure they recounted all the Florida votes after all the BS died down and Bush did come away with more votes than Gore. Don't you know there would have been a bloody stink in the press if that weren't the case. Instead the press said almost most nothing about their recount leaving Joe Q public to believe Bush stoled the election. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, all the votes were NOT counted - that Florida woman made sure of that.

Dirty deeds - done dirt cheap...
    Ebudae

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedFish:
    _Osama_
    I can't explain the details well due my "style" of english. But I would cut it short. Osama is actually being trained and funded by the US goverment in his early age where he learned all the stuff as 'goriella warfare' and 'terrorism funding'.

http://proliberty.com/observer/20011005.htm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good post RedFish, I can't argue that point. Sometimes we do stuff that bites us in the rear. That was one of them.

Hope you get your problem with GoDaddy worked out.

Cheers,
    Travelin' Man

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ebudae:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travelin' Man:
    Jersey Jim,

Also, Bush DID win the election fair and square. The media made sure they recounted all the Florida votes after all the BS died down and Bush did come away with more votes than Gore. Don't you know there would have been a bloody stink in the press if that weren't the case. Instead the press said almost most nothing about their recount leaving Joe Q public to believe Bush stoled the election. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, all the votes were NOT counted - that Florida woman made sure of that.

Dirty deeds - done dirt cheap... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Using the NORC data, the media consortium examined what might have happened if the U.S. Supreme Court had not intervened. The Florida high court had ordered a recount of all undervotes that had not been counted by hand to that point. If that recount had proceeded under the standard that most local election officials said they would have used, the study found that Bush would have emerged with 493 more votes than Gore."

Here ya go...it's right here in this CNN news report.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/flo...ries/main.html
    Travelin' Man

Ok - lol, I'll trade links with you :-)

The Bush - Cheney Think Tank for war

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/fre...ney-drugs.html
    Ebudae

And here is another one:

U.S. presidential election, 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._pr...election,_2000

The Florida election has been closely scrutinized since the election, and several irregularities are thought to have favored Bush.

Ebudae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast