CJ ~ Merchant Deactivation Trigger?
    What event triggers deactivation of a merchant by CJ? Does this happen when a payment is late by a predefined number of days? Or automatically deactivated if their bill is not paid on the exact date due?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I would assume at least one of the reasons this happens is if a merchant falls below their account minimums for too long of a period of time. We've dipped below one or twice without issue, but I'd have to think that if it becomes a regular occurance, they'd be deactivated.

Would love to know the answer to this one. Been away from all this for quite a bit so realize am behind on things but as annoying as they seemed at the time CJ used to send me emails tellin me a merchant had been deactivated (or whatever the correct term is, still haven't figured out why some are offline but show as active) then lottsa times seemed like maybe an hour later would be notified they were back. Unless is just me?? I'm not getting them anymore. Have one it just happened to this morning, keep checking to see if they're back and would love to know if they will be.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    as annoying as they seemed at the time CJ used to send me emails tellin me a merchant had been deactivated (or whatever the correct term is, still haven't figured out why some are offline but show as active) then lottsa times seemed like maybe an hour later would be notified they were back. (
    Yeah, it is super annoying.

I usually leave the de-actived emails flagged for a couple of days before I start to remove the merchants' links. In most cases, there will be re-activated emails come hours later or days later. But then, I've seen re-activated emails come weeks later...too bad, links are gone.

My curiosity was piqued because the manager of a program that was deactivated told me it was because the credit card they had on file had expired, which would indicate that deactivation occurs automatically if payment isn't tendered on date due. I'm just not sure whether to believe that or not.

Another side effect of the deactivation at hand is that the performance incentive bonuses for that merchant did not get posted this month. They were deactivated on the 9th and reactivated on the 13th.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I always suspected they got automatically deactivated if they don't pay up on time, my suspicion was aroused when certain merchants get deactivated at the end of the month, and then reactivated the next month

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread