Freebie Websites?
    Hope this makes sense. I've been helping my wife create a website for a few small businesses we started. I'm also a member of GoldenCan and began researching all this affiliate stuff about a year ago. I'm still determined to work from a laptop one day. Anyway, I'm learning more and more every day. I've got a question though. I've been searching around for ways to drive traffic to our sites and have run into several so called Freebies sites. I know these are just big affiliate sites. I was going to throw a feed from one of these sites on her page to generate some more traffic. I got to thinking though, why pay the other guys for something I could probably do anyway. Well, at least I think I could. After all, I'm on Shareasale, Linkshare, Google, CJ, etc... I just can't figure out how these folks are creating the freebie stores? I tried Goldencan but it's just coupon integration. Can this be done by lil ole me?

It seems to me that these stores are just posting freebie feeds from somewhere else. If it's an affiliate advertising company such as the ones listed above, I figured I'd love to create the "store" to generate traffic and then benefit from the affiliate sales produced.

Any tips or advise would be great.
    Last edited by loxly; September 12th, 2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: removed link

http and a telephoto
    You can ask for advice without dropping a link

People create their websites using datafeeds or tools like Golden Can or PopShops. There is no easy free way to create sites. Either it is easy and costs money, or it's free and a lot of work.

You can't take a feed from another affiliate's site and put it on your own site.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Can you explain what you mean by "Freebies sites"? Are you talking about sites with free webhosting and web building that you take advantage of?

Or are you talking about sites that offer "free" stuff or "free" services to site visitors?
    Generate more fake news.

Sorry about the link. Trying anything and everything to spread the word for her site. I couldn't find the signature area so I figured what the heck. Then I just read the rules of these forums. Won't happen again. Long story short, she lost her job this year as a kindergarten teacher this year and we're trying to make ends meet anyway possible. Anyway, back to the topic.

As for the freebie sites. I've found sever mommy type sites and two in particular sites, abby's good stuff and free stuff (looks like a big business tho) that have free items categorized very neatly. That abby's site offers a free datafeed of their free stuff to plant on other sites. I'm actually doing that now on our other site. However, I'm sure those links will send affiliate commissions her way. I have no problem with that. I was just curious if there are companies that create these feeds for her or did they create it? I've done this with creating stores on GoldenCan but just products and coupons. I looked at the code and can't seem to figure it out.

Our goal is to make as much possible and any extra commissions would be great. It would be far too much work for me to do if it was all done by hand but, I just can't see that they've done that. No offense to that site. It's actually a great idea as far as I'm concerned. I'm just still researching all this stuff and trying to learn as much as possible and as quickly as possible. I've looked into GoldenCan and I'm an affiliate for a number of companies through many of the major marketing companies. ie CJ, Linkshare, etc... I just don't see how this can easily be done through any of them. Maybe they are doing it by hand? Any tips would be great. Thanks much.

Robert

After digging through the sight and numerous topics on that site, it's starting to look like merely a blog with a gazillion categories. Then she's just offering her feed to spread around. That's tricky but good. Looks like they may have just scoured the web and found tons of free stuff...both from random places and others from affiliates of theirs. Am I on track? ugh...need sleep...

You may be on the right track but how do you know that freebies site makes any money at all?
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

There are ways for freebies sites to make money, but that's a tough nut to turn. There aren't many viable freebie propositions in this world.

Why the fixation on "freebies" anyway? No matter how you slice it, it's easier to make money selling something than it is to make money by distributing freebies. And it's pretty easy to make a bit of money with Adsense ads on sites that just talk about or review products even without the angle of trying to sell them to your site visitors.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread