Thumbs up Need Affiliate program Announcement Ideas
    Hi Guys,

My Name is Brad. I am in charge of online marketing for a few online auto parts websites. I have decided to create an affiliate marketing program that drives traffic to sign up for our company newsletter where I will be doing some extensive targeted direct marketing. Here is my question based on this info:

If i dont want to pay to join the big affiliate networks to promote my affiliate program, what do you guys suggest is the best/most effective way to get the word out that we have an affiliate program, what the terms are, and to get affiliates to participate?

I welcome any and all suggestions

Thanks!

Do some targeted marketing. Advertise your offer to affiliates.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Rather than answering your question, I'm going to back up a couple steps and question your direction.

First, it sounds like you're setting up the wrong affiliate program for the wrong part of your sites. If you're just generating leads for a newsletter, you're talking about CPA/CPL rather than product-based affiliate marketing. I think you would be much better off running affiliate programs on your online auto parts websites. CPA is rife with fraud. You'll get a TON of useless newsletter signups.

Second, rather than running a program in-house, you might look at one of the more affordable networks, like ShareASale. They're far more reasonable than the big three.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Do some targeted marketing. Advertise your offer to affiliates.
    What sort of targeted marketing do you suggest? Google Adwords?

Adwords, ads on marketing forums, etc. Target your prospects.

Using a second-tier network like Shareasale, as Michael suggested, will make things a lot easier for you because many affiliates will be able to find you without your having to go looking for them; there are plenty of active affiliates who will search for advertisers (on Shareasale or whatever network) "by category" when they are building their sites.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Adwords, ads on marketing forums, etc. Target your prospects.

Using a second-tier network like Shareasale, as Michael suggested, will make things a lot easier for you because many affiliates will be able to find you without your having to go looking for them; there are plenty of active affiliates who will search for advertisers (on Shareasale or whatever network) "by category" when they are building their sites.
    I would love to participate in ANY affiliate network, but my startup capital for this affiliate venture is ZERO dollars. Thats why i was looking for free alternatives.

Lots of threads about starting an affiliate program with ZERO dollars. The general suggestion is to wait until you can afford one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

but my startup capital for this affiliate venture is ZERO dollars.
    How do you expect to entice affiliates to promote your offers if you cannot pay them?

How do you expect to entice affiliates to promote your offers if you cannot pay them?
    dont misunderstand me. I have a few thousand set aside for payments, but none for promotion.

Oh well...looks like i will either have to figure this out on my own or join a network.

Thanks guys!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread