OK - Once again I was accused of bidding on a company trademark but I was just bidding on a generic word. This happens way to often.

Here's how it goes - the affiliate manager from Acme books types in the term "acme books" into google and out pops my ad for the term "books" which I bid on. However the affiliate manager jumps to the conclusion that I was bidding on their trademark "Acme". They either send off a friendly threatening letter with a certain date set for me to stop bidding on their trademark (which isn't occuring) or maybe they just terminate the affiliation.

Advice for affiliate managers - search for the term "Acme" rather then "Acme books" and don't use the CJ interface to mail me as I don't check it often just like many others.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

Can they trademark this word? Bloody hell
    wille coyote has been using their dynamite for donkeys years.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Searching on "acme" at the uspto brings up 350 results. Although some of those will be dead marks and applications, you can be sure there are some active US federal trademarks for 'acme".

Funnily enough, "acme book(s)" isn't one of them, so someone may be yanking your chain.

I do hope they're not claiming a federal TM or R without having one, because that's a federal offence.

I was using Acme & books as a generic. The company does have a forum here though. I've replied via CJ's email system seeing that is what they used. I'm glad I check my CJ email every 2-3 weeks or so or I wouldn't have known. I'll PM them if I don't hear back though as apparently a countdown for termination is in progress. This has happened a # of times already with other merchants.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

Send the idiot a note to the effect. That Websters dictionary has the word ACME in it and he should be *****ing at them not you.

Or maybe they should be doing the *****ing.

When ever you get some dreck like that from some moron, send them a reply...

You get your legal gunslinger and I'll get mine,
    and let's rumble.

On the other hand, you could benice and say...I see you flunked grammar 101.

Books is the noun I bid on...a generic term...ACME is an adjective that describes a type of book...the keyword search attaches every possible adjective to the noun and posts ii in the every phrase - Acme books - is just one of a million plus such possible phrases.

The software doesn't know or care whether you have the term tradmarketed etc..
    So either change the English grammar, complain to the SE or shut the you know what up.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread