Affiliate Manager
    Twitter’s Big Announcement
    For those who were waiting for this... finally will be sooner than later

Take a look: http://mashable.com/2010/09/14/live-...-announcement/

Cheers!

It was possible to post pics on Twitter earlier too. I don't see much significance in this announcement. But all networks will continue to experiment on how to add more users and engage them for a longer period of time.

Affiliate Manager
    Well... glad to know it's not important for you as it was for Mashable and the CNN tech guys when they decided to make a whole press release about it

News is their business. Think about it. U posting a nude pic/video on Twitter or any other Social Network won't interest them. Ya if some ordinary guy gets killed and it has something to do with a networking site it would be news.

But a celebrity posting some controversial pics or even making a remark that can be twisted would be big news.

I see these things in two ways :

1 - I am tired of seeing Twitter and Facebook related stories in the Times of India - my favourite newspaper.

2 - I am excited coz about 2 years ago saw a program on BBC on which a French guy said the internet would completely change the publishing and music industries.

I like change. But one has to have commonsense in order to remain sane. I joined Twitter 6 months after I saw story after story about it in newspapers and magazines. C'mon all this is publicity to promote these platforms. What is Twitter - has it made any profits.

Affiliate Manager
    1. Change newspaper
    2. Interned did change both industries long before the french guy "predicted" it
    3. Of course it's publicity and it works! trust me... everyone here in the business will only dream about being that popular

Welcome to ABW!
    Last edited by Victoria B; September 15th, 2010 at 05:02 PM.

1. Its still my favourite newspaper.

2. Ya but he predicted how it'll change them further. And how the publishers and musicians will earn revenue online in order to survive. I see stories on the same pattern now and think the guy is a real intellectual.

3. My point is that so far Twitter hasn't made its investors any money. They have loads of cash and my guess is they are spending a disproportionate amount on publicity. You may or may not become that popular but if u don't show profits on investment you'll certainly sink.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread