Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I am searching for opinions here.

Why does it seem if I just ignore all my cj links, do not add anything new, they produce better?

I decided to add more merchants to my site and even the ones that were currently there are producing less clickthroughs.

I also have other affiliate networks on my site and they are all performing just fine. Every single one of the, even new ones, just not CJ.

Heck, my CJ clickthroughs are even crap. My impressions are fine. For today I have all of 3 clickthroughs, some days this month were 1. I have around 45 CJ merchants on my site right now.

I am wondering if it is parasites? Could this be the case? Do they steal the clickthrough as well as any possible commission?

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

~Michelle

I don't believe, that it has to do with CJ in general nor Parasite Ware.

Which CJ Merchants do you promote?

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    http://www.shop-links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    what i am finding, is that i get a lot of sales from one merchant, and then zilch, nothing at all for at least 6 months, makes me wonder if someome saw me doing well, then steals all my future sales (i know it sounds paranoid) i find it a bit wierd. has anyone else experienced this?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Michelle,

Depends on the parasite whether a clickthrough may be diverted. In the case of say ebates, your click-through would still show. But if lets say WhenU is popping up on your site, then it may lead you visitor away through their pop up and a click through would never be generated (since they left your site) even though the impressions were still generated.

But I know what you mean. When my site sat dorminent for over a year with over 50% of the links not even good, it was generating more money than it is now after I completely upgraded the site functionality and cleaned up all the links. It does make you wonder and feel frustrated.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

BLFH - That is it exactly! I was unable to work on my site for a period of about 6 months and I got checks regularly. Now I am putting hours in a day, and it is not paying off. It is frustrating to say the least.

Carsten - Here are a few: Back Country Store, Dog Toys, booksamillion, KB Toys, eToys, Postersnow, WB, Babies Online, ebay, Things you Never Knew existed, Computer Surplus Outlet, some inkjet places, etc.

I am have tempted to take CJ merchants off completely and see where I stand 6 months from now.

~Michelle

quote:
    Originally posted by ~Michelle:

Carsten - Here are a few: Back Country Store, Dog Toys, booksamillion, KB Toys, eToys, Postersnow, WB, Babies Online, ebay, Things you Never Knew existed, Computer Surplus Outlet, some inkjet places, etc.

~Michelle

Noffense, but in my oppinion, many of those you listed are from the bottom of the barrel and wouldn't convert if your gave your visitors a prepaid credit card and placed the order yourself. I'd look for replacements for WB, booksamillion, Things you never new existed, PostersNow.

I haven't heard alot good about eToys, KB Toys, lately either.

Inkjet places, like 123Injets, OOInkjets, All-Ink, let Ebates steal your commissions, so those probably aren't going to do well for you either. I seem to have good luck with Carrots Ink.

I'd replace booksamillion with Amazon.com
    I'd replace PostersNow with AllPosters.com (I can send you a referal link)

I'd consider sending your toy traffic to ToysRus on Amazon.com

Just my two cents...

-CK

Commission King,

Thanks for your reply.

I am already affiliated with Amazon. I do ok with that. Also with AllPosters, but that one is slow for me too.

I thought if I pumped up the site with choices maybe I would hit on a couple that would be keepers, but so far it hasn't happened through CJ. I did fine a couple that seem to be doing good with other affiliate programs though.

I guess I will give what is on my site through Feburary and if they aren't producing I am going to remove them.

It just seemed a bit strange to me that it is mainly the links through CJ that this happens with.

Who do you seem to have good luck with at CJ?

Thanks for you input!

~Michelle

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Beats me about the weird clickthrough results, but I have some comments about the merchants...

First, FIRE BAMM and their puny 3%!! Put on Amazon for a quick and easy 2% raise in commission (total 5%)!

And the ink places seem to have lost their convertability. Can 'em. But don't bother with that place at Performics--they suck too...

Posters are hard to sell from any merchant. But I can confirm that AllPosters knows how to pay up, on what few sales do come in.

Babies Online is such a desperate place that they send "commission increase" notices to people who are NOT affiliated with them--apparently in the hopes that people will stick up links without taking the little step of actually joining up (unjoined people advertising them = free advertising!). I got one of these notices this week. I checked--nope, they're not one of my merchants. And they aren't going to be, either! This is the second time I've gotten a notice from them as if I was affiliated...I wasn't affiliated before, either.

I don't know about the others but have seen multiple disses here about those toy places.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Baby Age from CJ just announced a commission cut in half with some incentives for more so may not be a good idea to work for only 4% if they were being considered.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:

First, FIRE BAMM and their puny 3%!! Put on Amazon for a quick and easy 2% raise in commission (total 5%)!

Posters are hard to sell from any merchant. But I can confirm that AllPosters knows how to pay up, on what few sales do come in.

I agree with leader, Why bother BooksaMillion, when Amazon pays more and converts better.

Also, AllPosters does pay, just seems like it's hard to get rich selling posters, but maybe I just don't get the right visitors - maybe higher end prints would do better than posters??
    I do sell posters thru AllPosters, where I never sold squat through PostersNow, so that's why I reccomend the switch on that one.

I recently started sending a some of my Toy traffic to Amazon.com's Toy section and it is converting well.

I sure others here at ABW can tell you if you have any keepers or who they would reccomend replacing the others with.

Happy New Years!

No need for paranoia, I don't think it has anything to do with whether you work with the links or not.

I've noticed a downturn in commissions too. I've converted more sales last month than I ever have, but the overrall commissions aren't any better than a year ago. A large number of
    merchants keep lowering commissions.

I'm paying a lot more attention to % commission and cookie duration nowadays....

The Orlando Mall.com

I'm sure it's not a CJ thing - it really does depend on the merchants. I use various sports merchants at CJ and LS, and the CJ ones outperform the Linkshare ones on just about every metric. But I think that's because I'm very careful who I select - I've used and rejected a lot of CJ merchants that performed badly. And a number don't even get a chance - the ones with 1 day cookies, paying low % etc.

My experiene has been LS merchants perform average (but rarely badly and rarely very well), while CJ merchants are all over the board - you have to watch the numbers and react accordingly.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread