Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador Jason Rubacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930
    New “Get Links” Page
    Happy Friday Everyone - we have added a new timesaver to the Affiliate Interface!

    Now when you log into the interface and go to the “Get a Link/Banner” section and select a merchant you will now see the following page:



    The new “Get Links” Page redesign has some added functionality to make your search for links easier!

    Tabs: The page now has tabs available for you to easily navigate from text links, banners, the datafeed (if available) and even to create a custom link.

    Filters: You can now filter your search in a number of different ways including: Category, Modified Date, Creative ID, Banner width and height.

    Sort By: Now you have the ability to sort your results by Modified Date, Banner ID, Description and Category.

    Enjoy!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

  2. #2
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    I stubbled over this today in the middle of showing an affiliate how to get some videos for Raven Tools I like it so far.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  3. #3
    Member dsharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL, USA
    Posts
    149
    Looks (and works) great, Jason. This is going to be very, very useful.

    One minor suggestion for a future release would be to add a navigation dropdown for merchants we have joined -- maybe in the upper right -- so we could grab a link or two here on the page, then just use the dropdown to move to a different merchant instead of having to exit this page, go find the next merchant in some other list, then come back here. But, that's a minor thing...

    Thanks for continual improvements!
    Last edited by dsharpie; September 17th, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
    [B]David Stevenson[/B] - Florida, USA

  4. #4
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    I look forward to trying this
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  5. #5
    Member sueapitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    71
    I link the custom link right there instead of a separate link at the top. It is quicker. Thanks

  6. #6
    Member JohnDaudelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    111
    Pretty cool Jason,
    I checked it out after we talked earlier and used it to find a couple new banner ads. I like how you can go through by catagory and see them all listed out and broken down.
    Really a cool new function.

  7. #7
    Member spawnua's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Odessa, Ukraine
    Posts
    91
    When I'm trying to open "Get a Link/Banner" link, I'm keep getting error "Error!!! -1: Error processing JavaScript in markup for element textDsp:"
    FF 3.6.10, Chrome 6.0.472.62, WinXP
    Last edited by spawnua; September 18th, 2010 at 04:41 AM.

  8. #8
    Member spawnua's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Odessa, Ukraine
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by spawnua View Post
    When I'm trying to open "Get a Link/Banner" link, I'm keep getting error "Error!!! -1: Error processing JavaScript in markup for element textDsp:"
    FF 3.6.10, Chrome 6.0.472.62, WinXP
    Oops, sorry. I mean "when I'm trying to open "Get Links" on "Get a Link/Banner" page.

  9. #9
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    YAY! Thanks SAS!
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  10. #10
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Nicely done!
    After trying it a few times, I can't go back to "the classic view"
    But something important is missing.
    From this page we need a link to:
    "View Program Description and Affiliate Agreement"
    http://www.shareasale.com/a-viewmerc...rchantID=XXXXX
    The name of the merchant on top could be linked to the program description.

  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador Jason Rubacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by spawnua View Post
    When I'm trying to open "Get a Link/Banner" link, I'm keep getting error "Error!!! -1: Error processing JavaScript in markup for element textDsp:"
    FF 3.6.10, Chrome 6.0.472.62, WinXP
    Hi spawnua,

    Are you still receiving this error? We haven't been able to reproduce on our end...

    Has anyone else received this error?

    Thanks!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

  12. #12
    ABW Ambassador Jason Rubacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by dsharpie View Post
    One minor suggestion for a future release would be to add a navigation dropdown for merchants we have joined -- maybe in the upper right -- so we could grab a link or two here on the page, then just use the dropdown to move to a different merchant instead of having to exit this page, go find the next merchant in some other list, then come back here. But, that's a minor thing...
    if ABW had a "like" button, it would of been pressed! Great idea!

    don't forget we have our 100% anonymous feedback and or place to share ideas on how we can become better http://shareasale.com/fixit/
    Last edited by Jason Rubacky; September 21st, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

  13. #13
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    One problem I see: For example, to find a banner from Football Fanatics - The OLD way, choose a category and they all come up on one page, and you can scroll down and find what you want. Now, if I, say, choose the category "NCAA" to find banners for football jerseys for specific schools, there are 617 results, but only 8 per page (no way to change number/page) so I have to look through 78 separate pages! That will only take about 78 times as long to do.

    There needs to be a way to have more than 8 (including the choice of "All") to come up per page.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  14. #14
    ABW Ambassador Jason Rubacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    One problem I see: For example, to find a banner from Football Fanatics - The OLD way, choose a category and they all come up on one page, and you can scroll down and find what you want. Now, if I, say, choose the category "NCAA" to find banners for football jerseys for specific schools, there are 617 results, but only 8 per page (no way to change number/page) so I have to look through 78 separate pages! That will only take about 78 times as long to do.

    There needs to be a way to have more than 8 (including the choice of "All") to come up per page.
    if you know what size graphic you are looking for you can reduce the page count by adding to the "banner height" and "banner width" and then refine your search.

    tried and it helped a great deal. Thoughts?
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

  15. #15
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rubacky View Post
    if you know what size graphic you are looking for you can reduce the page count by adding to the "banner height" and "banner width" and then refine your search.

    tried and it helped a great deal. Thoughts?
    In the example I gave, searching for 468 x 60 banners reduces the pages to 11, but if I want to look for a few different sizes, I would have to do separate searches of several pages each.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  16. #16
    ABW Ambassador Jason Rubacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930
    UPDATE: We have now added an additional drop down to allow you to jump from merchant to merchant easily and have also added "number of results" which will allows for you to choose 25, 50 and "all" instead of only showing 8 results per page.

    Enjoy!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

  17. #17
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rubacky View Post
    UPDATE: We have now added an additional drop down to allow you to jump from merchant to merchant easily and have also added "number of results" which will allows for you to choose 25, 50 and "all" instead of only showing 8 results per page.

    Enjoy!
    Thanks for the updates, Jason. These new features will be a big help
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  18. #18
    Member dsharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2009
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL, USA
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rubacky View Post
    UPDATE: We have now added an additional drop down to allow you to jump from merchant to merchant
    Awesome nice and much more efficient to use! Thanks!
    [B]David Stevenson[/B] - Florida, USA

  19. #19
    ABW Ambassador 2busy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Tropical Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,636
    I really like the new format, but too many times I need to go back to the "Classic View" because there is no tab for the Datafeed in the new view. Not always, but at least half of the time.

  20. #20
    Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2006
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    2,838
    Today was the first time I had a chance to play with it on the affiliate side...and WOW! Much better.

    Well done SAS!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

  21. #21
    ABW Ambassador Jason Rubacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    I really like the new format, but too many times I need to go back to the "Classic View" because there is no tab for the Datafeed in the new view. Not always, but at least half of the time.
    fixed!

    What was happening was that if a merchant had not updated their feed in a while the tab would be removed.

    Now the tab will always be there as long as there are products in the feed!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

  22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Index page: insert a title above groups of links links
    By norbert in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 08:36 AM
  2. Page Links
    By zibzer in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
  3. page links
    By Ebudae in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 9th, 2004, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •