custom domain on blogger to custom domain on wordpress
    How dramatic is the leap? I'm semi seriously contemplating the move, but if it's going to be a huge hassle I'm not sure I want to. I'm doing just fine over on blogger, it just seems the "thing to do" to be on wordpress, LOL

You don't need to commit to Wordpress to try it out. Install it on your domain and set it to not be visited by robots until you make a decision. That way you can set it up and work on it until you do decide, without letting go of blogger. Once you choose a theme, there are settings to import your blogger blog that will transfer the work you've already done without altering blogger.

There are many helpful threads here about setting up your first WP, and recommendations for plugins and settings. You should check them out before starting to make it a smooth setup. Nothing to lose by trying it out, but only one or the other should be live at a time.

really! I had never even thought of doing that. I'm going to search for moves to wordpress for info. thanks!

I don't have a lot of experience with blogger, but I really dig wordpress. I tried to set up things with blogger before, but found it a bit more complicated. Maybe not for the average joe, but I am not very "techie" so I didn't care for it.
    It seems like I could walk through the wordpress set up very easily and was able to tie it into a domain and hosting pretty easily.
    Same as everything else, I'm finding, after you do it once or twice the rest is cake

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Heateras View Post
    How dramatic is the leap? I'm semi seriously contemplating the move, but if it's going to be a huge hassle I'm not sure I want to. I'm doing just fine over on blogger, it just seems the "thing to do" to be on wordpress, LOL
    Using Blogger is ok. However, there is a serious problem that can sneak up on you and bite a big chunk out of your blogging.

Google!

They will close you down if they get an idea that your blogs are remotely spammy.

They closed two of mine down for that reason. They didn't give any reason for their determination. I suspect it was because I had Adsense and affiliate links. I'll never know but I can survive.

RT...

2bealive, that's my fear! Especially since I am a "deal" blogger and post a LOT of links. I've heard a lot of blogs get shut down on black friday so I'm gearing up to make the transition a bit before than

Wordpress charges $14 just to point your existing domain to your account, go for it if you don't mind paying for this and other such services.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread