Does anyone have any ideas on how to maximize profits on the 80% or more visitors that don't participate at all when they visit your site?

I think my site is pretty normal so I'll lay out my stats and figures. If 100 people visit my site maybe 20 of them will either click an affiliate link or a ppc link. This subject is not about that 20% and how well merchants convert. I'm wondering if anyone has ideas on how to maximize profits on those 80% that must just look and leave.

It seems like the only methods that utilize these visitors are not very well received. All I can think of is pop ups and unders, browser hijacking, forced adware downloads and other garbage. Isn't there anything legitimate we can do?

Apply for a CPM program.
    www.valueclick.com www.rydium.com that way you can get paid just for the impression

I've done that but I'm not impressed by the income. If I can make 25 dollars from 20% of my visitors I should be able to make at least that from the other 80%. Instead at 2.00 cpm I would only make 20 cents.

Heyder, are you colleting names and email addresses? It always cost you something to brings eyeballs, whether it be time, money, effort whatever. It costs YOU. It would be ashame to lose the opportunity to further your relationship and market to these users when they leave your site.

The success of the signups will depend on your message to your traffic. If you know your traffic and why they have come to your site, you stand a much better chance at making them an offer they cannot refuse.

That is part 1. Part 2 is the delivery method you use to get your message to your users.

I have run a few of these campaigns before with some success. PM or email me to brainstorm if you like.

Ian you got my brain working. This is what I was hinting at when I posted.

Heyder,

Funny you posted this topic, Ian and I where having the same discussion yesterday about my traffic stats. Let me know if you find anything worth while.

Later,

Spider Man

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I should post some links to AbestWeb on my higher traffic pages with a note to my savvy shoppers to look into how I've been looking out for the butts for 5 long years. Push Sympathy buys or allow them a free ebook download of the Best of Mike & Charlie till Haiko's movie comes out.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I have but I'm working on deciding what can be shared at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spider Man:
    Funny you posted this topic, Ian and I where having the same discussion yesterday about my traffic stats. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hope I was able to help Spidey. Cool nick by the way!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    Ian you got my brain working. This is what I was hinting at when I posted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Nice. If you can isolate your traffic types by category, this will help you tremendously to serve targeted offers. You will see your CR's increase. Don't forget to setup a system to systematically (manually or automatically) rotate your offers and gather proper metrics! In no time, you will build that database for 2ndary marketing.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread