Good day,

By now, I'm sure everyone has heard about (affiliate link removed) ... and most, like me, probably thought it was a Scam. The company also runs (affiliate link removed). Being affiliate marketers, we probably should have known it was legit ... front page news over at wired.com today.

Here is a DIRECT LINK to the article.

Jason

Affiliate Manager
    I think this is my favorite sentence:

"Indeed, some customers are so delighted that they've set up affiliate websites, called "conga lines," to persuade others the program isn't a swindle."

Conga lines?

Jason, you should know better than to post spammy referral links here.

Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I have no problem with removing the referal links, but I see you already have.

I am more interested in the marketing method of customer acquisition by using an incentive (the iPod in this case).

Has anyone one this board attempted such a feat? Surely the logistics must be mind boggling.

Jason

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jason I thought you were committed to move away from the darkside lure of the FREEBEE. Regardless of the Wired spin and those wonderful happy Freeipod campers getting delivery the money making scam is still there.

The parent of this one of many freebee enticements is the NETorious blacklisted spam -pup/under Adwhore operation www.Adteractive.com blasting out through affiliate.hitprofile.com servers billions of spamms for DMA/IAB members right on down to Russian, Nigerian, Korean and Chinese spamming affiliates.

Oh they vomit, or throwup, all the usual Adwhore spin..were the biggest direct marketers dream come true speel since 2001. Undeneith their a privacy info peddler -spam list broker claiming ignorance of how those millions duped by the freebee lure of a colored condom, free iPod or AOL 45 day trial... to every friggin free enticement known to mankind to get fresh meat spam e-mails.

Give me your e-mail address jason and I'll show you how freebees work!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Mike,

I think you are mixing up Jason PG with the other Jason (hint: freebies). See Jason PG's registration date May 14, 2004. He is the new Jason on board.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Oh ...then hope you learn that pushing Freebees of any type is shooting yourself in the foot. Welcome to the new improved Jason...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread