Affiliate Summit Videos
    I have been going through the ASE10 videos and might add that they have been very informative. I was not able to stay for the entire summit so having this as an option is very useful. Even if the session is about a topic that I already know there is always a thing or two that I can take away from it, just a different POV, or new strategies. Sometimes the speaker would have nothing new to say for that entire session, but then mentions something for one second and that advice turns out to be a great tip.

My long-winded way of posting my question: how long are these videos going to stay up for?

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    My long-winded way of posting my question: how long are these videos going to stay up for?
    They'll be up until the next Affiliate Summit.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins View Post
    They'll be up until the next Affiliate Summit.
    Could they go in an annual archive and be up as long as the internet is up?
    Steven Clarke
    SeeksAdmin.com
    Join @ SAS
    Server Management Affiliate Program
    We specialize in making life easier for everyone. Focus on what you do best on the internet. We handle securing, optimizing, monitoring your servers 24/7! Commissions start at $45/sale + regular bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeksSteven View Post
    Could they go in an annual archive and be up as long as the internet is up?
    We eventually make them publicly available - see the session on ABW from a couple years ago that I posted this week: ABestWeb: Loved or Hated, but Never Ignored

They still aren't available unless you attended, right?

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    They still aren't available unless you attended, right?
    Correct - they are a perk for people who got a Gold, Platinum or Diamond pass.

Right...unless you got some hook ups

http and a telephoto
    You were given a pass that gave you access to the videos. Not a "hookup" just for videos

Just clarifying...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    You were given a pass that gave you access to the videos. Not a "hookup" just for videos

Just clarifying...
    Ah - I was thinking the "hookup" was "borrowing" somebody else's access information for the video.

ABW Ambassador
    Shawn,
    I have not received the video access information. I did register for ASE though I did not show up for the event. I hoped to at least see the videos as I missed the event.
    Can you PM with my video access. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals View Post
    Shawn,
    I have not received the video access information. I did register for ASE though I did not show up for the event. I hoped to at least see the videos as I missed the event.
    Can you PM with my video access. Thanks
    Contact registration@affiliatesummit.com and they can help you.

In the future, please cancel your pass if you know you will not be attending, as we had a waiting list of people who wanted to attend and could not, because we sold out.

ABW Ambassador

In the future, please cancel your pass if you know you will not be attending, as we had a waiting list of people who wanted to attend and could not, because we sold out.
    I understand ...
    I wanted to see if I could attend until the last minute. Then my need for biz travel overseas took precedence over ASE and I forgot about the cancellation!
    I am contacting the registations for video access!!

If I had canceled, I would not have got the video access?. Next time, can you consider an option for video access for those who could not attend the show?.
    Last edited by redtagdeals; September 25th, 2010 at 09:05 PM.

I tried to sell my tickets the week before the summit and had no luck. Eventually I basically "gave them away" to someone for the last day, which I now wish I hadn't done.

I kept being told that there are all kinds of people looking for tickets and to put them on ebay, but no luck. It was very disappointing. I sent my husband (who was at the hilton) to the registration desk to leave his hotel room nr. and let them know that he could hand over the tickets in person if someone still needed them, but they weren't interested, unfortunately.

If I had canceled, I would not have got the video access?. Next time, can you consider an option for video access for those who could not attend the show?.
    Correct - we record the sessions for attendees who attended the conference, but had a conflict while there.

We've experimenting with selling access to the videos only and we'll continue to explore options in the future.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by lintlin View Post
    I tried to sell my tickets the week before the summit and had no luck. Eventually I basically "gave them away" to someone for the last day, which I now wish I hadn't done.
    That was bad luck. Though I never explored eBay to sell my AS pass, I saw some people selling the AS passes at a small loss .. It is too bad, it was a complete loss for you.

Couple of years ago, it was different though. One person that I know personally sold his AS ticket and made a good profit. But things certainly have changed since then!

That was bad luck. Though I never explored eBay to sell my AS pass, I saw some people selling the AS passes at a small loss .. It is too bad, it was a complete loss for you.

Couple of years ago, it was different though. One person that I know personally sold his AS ticket and made a good profit. But things certainly have changed since then!
    It must have been the timing, because we had quite a few transfers leading up to the conference for passes that sold well over face value on eBay.

Based on the eBay auctions that were publicly viewable, nothing has changed - some auctions go for below value and some go for well above. That's been the case since the first auction I saw back in 2005 for an Affiliate Summit pass.

ABW Ambassador
    Shawn - I sent mail to registrations couple of days back. Have not heard yet. I would like to get access to the videos!

Shawn - I sent mail to registrations couple of days back. Have not heard yet. I would like to get access to the videos!
    You mailed registration@affiliatesummit.com? I am on that distribution list and didn't see anything from you in the past couple days.

Took me a few days to get back to this thread. I've been sick
    I just want to clarify that I absolutly DID attend ASE in the city. The only downfall is that when I purchased the ticket I didn't realize that I needed the next ticket up(gold) to have access to the videos and pretty much everything else I wanted to attend, as far as seminars go.
    So don't think I'm just pirating the videos or just grabbing access info to get them. I had made some great contacts at the show and had been given the priviledge of viewing them dispite my "lower" grade ticket.
    I would have upgraded before the show, but didn't have the funds to do so.
    I understand that the priviledges go to those that drop the money on the higher grade tickets, but wish that the classes were divided a bit better so that those of us who are new and couldn't spend the cash on the "big" ticket could still attend the seminars geared towards "newbie" items.
    Although I did get to attend one with Jason Rubacky. When he was called in last minute to speak in place of someone who wasn't able to make it.He was nice enough to get me in to that one...plus they had free beer, what better reason to attend!

ABW Ambassador
    You mailed registration@affiliatesummit.com? I am on that distribution list and didn't see anything from you in the past couple days.
    This has been sorted out by Amy. I sent to registrations@aff instead of registration@aff .. and the mails from affsummit.com were going to junk while affiliatesummit.com were fine.

Anycase, it's all sorted out now. Thanks Shawn

Hi Shawn,
    I did cancell my ticket because something unexpected happens, I can not attend in person, I would like to see the video, is it possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuit-happyness View Post
    Hi Shawn,
    I did cancell my ticket because something unexpected happens, I can not attend in person, I would like to see the video, is it possible?

Thanks
    No, the videos are for attendees of the conference. Older videos are being posted for free - so far, Orlando 06, Vegas 07, Miami 07, and Vegas 08 sessions are online, and I am in the process of getting Boston 08 up.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread