Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Exclamation Contact info for Barnes & Noble Affiliate Program? Relationship Deactivated
    I was just deactivated from the B&N affiliate program for no reason. I am very disappointed as I was doing really well for them. I have increased in commission almost every month for the past year.

Anyhow, their contact info in Google Affiliate Network is outdated and not valid anymore. If anyone has the contact info for someone in charge of the Barns & Noble Affiliate Program or if anyone from Google Affiliate Network can help me out I would appreciate it very much.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I don't know if its the case with Barnes and Noble who I am not affiliated with, but on GAN mistaken deactivations happen from time to time. They have happened to me at least twice. Don't know what happens but I get the deactivation notice and then within 24 hours usually I am reactived and someone sends me an email saying it was just a mistake. Please note, I was reactivated and got the computer generated email and then it took another 6 hours or so before I got the human we are sorry email.

Happened to me today actually with OneStopShop.com.

Unless it is very easy to remove and reinstate links, wait a day before removing your links. If you haven't been reinstated by this time tomorrow then you can remove your links.

Anyway all I'm saying is that mistakes like this happen on GAN don't worry about it for at least a day.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

>> but I get the deactivation notice and then within 24 hours usually I am reactived and someone sends me an email saying it was just a mistake

i wonder if there are re-activation but no email notification, then the affiliate have removed all links and not knowing that he/she is still in affiliation with the merchant.
    Last edited by Vrindavan; September 24th, 2010 at 11:19 PM.

I got an e-mail saying B & N was leaving GAN and to remove all of their links.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

>> B & N was leaving GAN

where do they go ?

It didn't say. It was from the network - not B & N.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I haven't seen this email. I do a decent amount of BNA sales, i wonder what is going on?

I've got contact info somewhere, will try to update this thead when i get home.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    I got an e-mail saying B & N was leaving GAN and to remove all of their links.
    I just e-mailed my contact to see what was going on. I don't think this particular B & N person actually works in the affiliate program though...

Weird that I didn't get the GAN e-mail...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I am joined with Barnes & Noble at GAN but not active with them. I just looked at my approved merchant list and they are showing commission duration of 0 days. I don't know when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM View Post
    ... they are showing commission duration of 0 days. I don't know when that happened.
    Good catch... Darn, I guess they are coming off my site tomorrow.

Did some research, it seems they put themselves up for possible sale in early August, so their future is a bit up in the air.

Articles here:

Barnes & Noble Puts Itself Up for Sale - WSJ.com

The Next Steps for a Buyout of Barnes & Noble - NYTimes.com

Barnes & Noble Sale : Why 'No Sale' Is the Worst That Can Happen - TheStreet

Ron Burkle wins ally in Barnes & Noble battle Institutional Shareholder Services endorses the L.A. billionaire's proposal to replace three of the bookseller's nine directors and rewrite the company's 'poison pill' plan. - Los Angeles Times

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyM View Post
    I just looked at my approved merchant list and they are showing commission duration of 0 days.
    That's disgusting. I didn't receive any emails regarding de-activate, moving, or 0 day duration. How could GAN let merchants do things like this?
    Last edited by mayfly; September 26th, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Ok, got an update. My B&N contact says that he is not aware of any network move or other problems. Also, the B&N affiliate cookie has always been 0 return days, e.g. it is a session only deal.

See old thread discussing 0 return days here:
    Barnes & Noble - 0 Return Days! - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

isellstuff can you send me your B&N contact info? I have tried calling and end up going around in circles with no one able to help me.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    the B&N affiliate cookie has always been 0 return days, e.g. it is a session only deal.
    Ah, I had forgotten. That's why I never got serious about promoting them. I don't have success with session only cookies.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

The Barnes&Noble.com affiliate program is still part of Google Affiliate Network. Our apologies if there has been any miscommunication regarding the relationship between Google Affiliate Network and BN.com. Partners like you, that are leaders in the space, are why we work with Google Affiliate Network and are looking forward to continued success with all of you.

The Barnes&Noble.com Affiliate Team

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    Hello,

The Barnes&Noble.com affiliate program is still part of Google Affiliate Network. Our apologies if there has been any miscommunication regarding the relationship between Google Affiliate Network and BN.com. Partners like you, that are leaders in the space, are why we work with Google Affiliate Network and are looking forward to continued success with all of you.

The Barnes&Noble.com Affiliate Team
    Just sent you a PM with my info for you to check on my account.

Is anyone else having problems with their custom links? I keep getting errors on links that I'm building myself. Even on old links that I know worked in the past.

GAN changed their link formats not long ago, how 'old' are the links you're having trouble with?

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    GAN changed their link formats not long ago, how 'old' are the links you're having trouble with?
    I'm getting this error:

The data area passed to a system call is too small.

This error is happening on a link from July, as well as all of my custom links that I've built over the last few days. I'm also getting an error when I just test the Barnes and Noble links for their current promotions.

I am not, however, getting errors when I link to specific products. What I'm trying to do is build a custom link that will go to a category of products, which has worked in the past.

Hello,

I will escalate this to the account manager now.

Thank you,

Jamie

Hi,

The issue was fixed on the client side yesterday afternoon. This is no longer an issue.

Thank you,

Jamie

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread