How to prevent paid double commission?
    Hi,

I'm advertiser on CJ and Google affiliate Network. i'm selling something on there.

i have a problem:
    few days ago....my friend look at my account and said

"You’re double paying commissions to affiliates in CJ and Google Affiliate Network. Approximately 30% of your Google Affiliate Networks orders are dupes with CJ."

""you have affiliates who are earning double commissions from you, because they are signed up for your CJ account, for your Google Affiliate account and every time they send you a sale, you are paying them through all the afffiliate channels they are signed up for, so they are getting paid double or triple when they are in more than one of your affiliate accounts"

I'm really need your advice, what should i do? and how to prevent duplicate or double commission?

Your help would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Its a question that has been asked and answered many times here. Just do a quick search and you will find suggestions and help.

Quote Originally Posted by abud View Post
    I'm really need your advice, what should i do? and how to prevent duplicate or double commission?
    Simple, don't have multiple programs.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Its a question that has been asked and answered many times here. Just do a quick search and you will find suggestions and help.
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

what keyword should i search? i still can't find the same case with me.

thanks for help.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

For starters don't let affiliates join both programs. Change your terms to disallow this, give them a grace period and then enforce it. In the meantime you could nicely ask those double-dippers to quit one of your programs.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

double-dippers
    It is not the affiliate's fault if a merchant's programmer is incompetent. There are very plausible and common scenarios where an affiliate's use of a merchant's links from both networks is the most practical and efficient way to promote a merchant.

For instance, one vendor I promote has their program on both Pepperjam and CJ. I prefer to use Pepperjam for faster payment. But this merchant only has their datafeed on CJ. So I use CJ links for individual products, and Pepperjam links for textual and banner links. A typical customer may have already clicked on several of the (CJ) product links before they wind up at the bottom of my page where I have "More [namebrand] styles available at [merchantname pepperjam link]". Then both cookies have been set. Am I a double-dipper? No. FWIW this does not result in duplicate commissions with this vendor, because they have things set up properly to prevent that from happening.

It's bad enough that there are *some* bad apple affiliates out there who give AM a bad name, but it's pretty sad that now a bunch of abud's affiliates may have been painted in a bad light because a finger has been pointed at them instead of at the cause of the problem. abud needs to bother his programmers about this, not his loyal affiliates.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

While relatively few affiliates are "bad apples", those who are typically general a lot of orders. (Please note that I'm not saying the reverse - that those who generate a lot of orders are typically bad.) This makes the bad affiliates seem much more prominent than they really are.

Until you can get this fixed, I would suggest analyzing all of your duplicate orders and seeing what types of patterns appear. Then look closer at the affiliates who have the most duplicate orders. Are they cookie stuffing? Are they trademark poaching? Are they using parasites/software? Are they creating custom links that set the cookie for both networks on one click?

If you're working with CJ and GAN, there are some things (and affiliates) they allow on their networks that benefit themselves but hurt merchants and affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think we're going way to far in the wrong direction trying to figure out what affiliates are doing wrong in this scenario. Affiliates are not responsible for a merchant's lack of competence. That's simplest one of the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The fact that the merchant doesn't understand how to run multiple programs created the scenario but instead of recommending that the merchant looks for ways to fix THEIR problem, we start to look for ways to blame affiliates. I don't get it.

There is simply one problem here: The merchant dos not know how to run a program on multiple platforms. There are 2 solutions: Eliminate the duplicate programs or learn how to mančge multiple programs. Blaming affiliates won't fix their problem.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Just create a script that only allows one affiliate network to be credited with the sale (usually the last link/network used by the user)
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread