Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Electronic Cigarettes's Avatar
    Most effective way to promote our affiliate program?
    Hello,

I am new to this forum and I was looking for the best way to promote my affiliate program Smokeless Delite [LINK REMOVED]electronic cigarettes[/URL]. I need to get the word out as much as possible. I have a good amount of affiliate but would like to get as many as possible. What are the most effective ways to promote our affiliate program?
    Thanks,
    Smokeless Delite e-cigarettes company
    Last edited by Bill; September 24th, 2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Removed link drop.

There are two ways in which you can be efective at ABW. One is to become a regular, frequent and contributing member. The other is to purchase a New Program Announcement at "www.ABestWeb.com/Advertising".
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Bill,

Thank you for the kind advice. I will do my best to become highly involved in the affiliate community to promote my electronic cigarettes affiliate program!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    One is to become a regular, frequent and contributing member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electronic Cigarettes View Post
    I will do my best to become highly involved in the affiliate community to promote my electronic cigarettes affiliate program!
    Affiliates are pretty intelligent. That can tell when affiliate managers are interested in self-promotion and when affiliate managers are interested in participating, getting involved, and helping.

There are tons of great resources for affiliate managers here on ABW (many of which are in my signature) to help you learn how to improve your program, how to best utilize ABW, etc. Start there. Get involved. Worry about promoting later.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael, I will check into it~! Thanks for your time.

Also, your signature has been removed. You might want to read the signature guidelines. A signature isn't to promote your site and provide keyword stuffed backlinks, but to identify yourself.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ok. Can I just put my web site with a link?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    For AMs, OPMs, Network Reps, and other professionals in the industry, I suggest including the following information in your signature: Full Name, Title, Company (can link to your site), and optionally contact information.
    If you're just going to put your web site name with a link, I don't see how that really helps to identify you (which is the primary purpose of signature).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ok thanks, I will do that.

How that?

ABW Ambassador
    So basically the link just moves from the post to the sig. No need to ever buy an ad.

I think it's one of the most effective ads I've ever seen. We've all had fair warning.

http and a telephoto
    How that?
    Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    For AMs, OPMs, Network Reps, and other professionals in the industry, I suggest including the following information in your signature: Full Name, Title, Company (can link to your site), and optionally contact information.
    If you're just going to put your web site name with a link, I don't see how that really helps to identify you (which is the primary purpose of signature).
    You totally ignored what Michael told you to do.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Affiliate merchants and managers should use their real name and not their company name as a handle. Your company name instead of your name looks spammy.

Your signature should have your real name in it with contact information.

Right now, every affiliate that looks at your posts will ignore them, they see "spam" instead of a person.

People post here, not companies. People post *for* companies, but your name isn't Electronic Cigarettes, your company is. Tell us who *you* are and be yourself.

well then tell me a proper signature to utilize and I will make sure it follows the guideline of the forum.

http and a telephoto
    You were told, you ignored what you were told.

Our name is Smokeless Delite.
    so it should just be Smokeless Delite with a link?

http and a telephoto
    Our name is Smokeless Delite.
    so it should just be Smokeless Delite with a link?
    What is *your* name?

So based on your signature loxly I should just put smokeless deite- and what our company does and describes us all in an anchor text? -

Deborah Carney - Affiliate Manager, Educator, Photographer
    Viator Travel/Tours ~ CorpNet ~ The Mail Order Shoppe Gifts ~ Slow Cooker Mate
    Raven SEO Tools ~ Land The Interview ~ Knowem ~ GirlPROPS.com
    Eclectic Grocer ~ Andrea Levine Designs Animal Jewelry and Accessories
    Shop7/Our Handmade Gifts ~ Loxly Gallery
    Contact Info email: affiliates at teamloxly.com ~ Skype: affiliateabcs ~ 702-582-6742 ~Affiliate ABCs & Merchant ABCs
    “"Worrying about how can make you forget why. I’d hate to forget why. I’m all about why." - Daniel Fogg, 2001

Like I said before:
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Affiliates are pretty intelligent. That can tell when affiliate managers are interested in self-promotion and when affiliate managers are interested in participating, getting involved, and helping.
    It's pretty obvious you're here for one thing and one thing only.

We gave you the advice we did, not just because we hate opportunistic self-promotion, but because it doesn't work. You have shown ZERO respect for the community.

At this point, I could say "Buy an ad if you want to promote yourself," but it's too late. You've destroyed your credibility here. At this point, an ad would be as ineffective as your keyword stuffed links, your inappropriate signatures, and your self-promotion.

So my advice to you is to just stop. Stop trying to promote your company. Step back. Learn about the community and how you can become a productive, respected member. Read and learn. Introduce yourself. Participate, without promoting. Earn some respect and credibility. (That takes time.) Then, and only then, consider buying an ad.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

http and a telephoto
    So based on your signature loxly I should just put smokeless deite- and what our company does and describes us all in an anchor text? -

Deborah Carney - Affiliate Manager, Educator, Photographer
    Viator Travel/Tours ~ CorpNet ~ The Mail Order Shoppe Gifts ~ Slow Cooker Mate
    Raven SEO Tools ~ Land The Interview ~ Knowem ~ GirlPROPS.com
    Eclectic Grocer ~ Andrea Levine Designs Animal Jewelry and Accessories
    Shop7/Our Handmade Gifts ~ Loxly Gallery
    Contact Info email: affiliates at teamloxly.com ~ Skype: affiliateabcs ~ 702-582-6742 ~Affiliate ABCs & Merchant ABCs
    "Worrying about how can make you forget why. Id hate to forget why. Im all about why." - Daniel Fogg, 2001
    I'm a moderator, long time member that has participated in this forum for years. I earned my signature. And my name - Deborah Carney - and my contact information is part of my signature.

I've paid for lots of ads for my programs, and have a subforum. It seems you are objecting to paying $75 for a proper intro to your program, and don't want to be transparent about who you are.

My company name isn't "loxly", I started on this forum as an affiliate. Affiliates tend to use acronyms and not share their real names. However, Affiliate Managers and Merchants need to have transparency and need to follow the rules that this community expects them too.

You have been told the rules, it has been suggested what you can do to make a better impression and instead you are now going to argue with me.

Affiliates will decide a lot about whether to work with you based on how you start off here at ABestWeb.

I dont know the prices of the forum, the rules, etc. that is why I am asking the community, the people what is best, and what I should put for a proper signature. Every forum is difference. I did not try and disrespect anyone, I was simply trying to educate myself amongst this community forum.
    I did not know what I was supposed to pay for, but I have no objection to paying anything for a banner if deemed necessary.

Since my signature was removed, please help me out by telling me what a proper signature should be and I will put exactly that for my signature.
    Thank you in advance.

You've already been given the answers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    There is a thread here, plus until you have a set number of posts you don't have access to use a signature,

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129672

Or read the signature section on the below if you don't have access to the above thread

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1041940

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; September 25th, 2010 at 03:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast