Category Wise Affiliate Programs For Christmas Gifts Site
    I started working on a site dedicated to Christmas Gifts last month and it has made it to the first page for the search term "home goods ornaments". I may not be able to make it t the first page for most competitive Christmas Gifts keywords but would continue to update the site and hopefully make some real cash.

The site is thin on content though it has over 60 pages of content. I need help from experienced members in finding category wise affiliate programs.

So far I have signed up with the following networks :

* Google Affiliate Network
    * Share a Sale
    * CJ
    * Link Share
    * Buy.at

Categories I have covered or am working on are :

* Religious Gifts
    * Personalized Gifts
    * Christmas Lights Trees Decorations Ornaments
    * Popular Christmas Gifts

The idea is to create 8-10 pages under each of these categories with each page having info about 5 or more vendors.

Vendors covered so far :

* Religious Mall
    * Personal Creations
    * Holiday Decorations Direct
    * Christian Gear
    * Christmas Depot
    * Mary Shop (have discontinued their affiliation with SaS - resquested links renewal)
    * Wine Globe
    * Gold Medal Wine Club

I signed up for some wine and flowers vendors today and will cover them shortly.

To begin with u cud guide me on vendors in the following categories - Religious Gifts, Personalized Gifts and Christmas Lights Trees Decorations Ornaments.

I want to focus on visitors from the US. Don't have the money to get the site designed and promoted professionally. Can't even buy content. Help appreciated. Thanx in advance. About half of my applications get rejected - would be great if u cud mention 10 or so top vendors in each of these categories.

http and a telephoto
    There are a lot of good personalized gift programs on Shareasale and I happen to manage one of the best There are a number of personalized ornaments there that sell well too.

ShareASale.com and The Mail Order Shoppe
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanx loxly. Took a quick look at the sites and the products seem nice, will definitely sign up. While I know the basics - good content, easy navigation, relevant backlinks - I am a bit confused regarding the categories. Should I just go with the flow and keep on adding pages.

I plan to lump most categories under Popular Christmas Gifts. Been checking google news for the past two days for "Christmas Gifts" and it seems Toys r big. Would it be a good idea to create a separate category for toys and make dedicated pages for 20-25 of the Top Toys.

Is there a free wordpress plugin available which could provide price comparison for individual items across vendors. So suppose Toy X is available at 5 vendors and I have signed up with all of them - the widget displays the price for that Toy at these 5 sites.

Edit : It seems there are - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ice-comparison
    Last edited by Jhangora; September 25th, 2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: adding info

http and a telephoto
    Toys would be a whole other category that wasn't covered in your first post.

I don't know of any price comparison word press plugins.

While you can have a category for Popular Christmas Gifts, what will your site do the rest of the year? Categories about the products, then a separate category where you feature some as holiday gifts would be a better idea.

Updated info about price comparison plugins. Ya I'd compile list of Top Toys released by Google, Kmart, etc. and begin by writing about Toys which feature in more than one list.

So far I've been making chicken feed as an affiliate marketer. If I can make 10-20 K thru this site then I can create another site on "Christian Gifts" and so on. Christmas would definitely return next year and I can add in some content regularly and add backlinks to increase the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    While you can have a category for Popular Christmas Gifts, what will your site do the rest of the year? Categories about the products, then a separate category where you feature some as holiday gifts would be a better idea.
    Loxly's advice is really good

You might want to narrow some of your categories a bit.
    "Christmas gifts" is very broad, you might wish to include something a
    little more specific.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

U R right Rhia. It's difficult for a single person to setup a site covering lots of categories in a short span of time. I'll see what I can do. Can't help it now - the domain includes the words "christmas" and "gifts" and I've made up my mind to cover as many categories I can.
    Last edited by Jhangora; September 25th, 2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    There are a lot of good personalized gift programs on Shareasale and I happen to manage one of the best There are a number of personalized ornaments there that sell well too.

ShareASale.com and The Mail Order Shoppe
    Well said!! I agreed!!

Lillian Vernon has a large affiliate program and great personalized gifts. I think they are in CJ. Not sure. They are no mine. Ok not sure if this falls into self promotion, but Cleatskins in Shareasale is a great and unique holiday gift. perfect for athletes

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhangora View Post
    Updated info about price comparison plugins. Ya I'd compile list of Top Toys released by Google, Kmart, etc. and begin by writing about Toys which feature in more than one list.

So far I've been making chicken feed as an affiliate marketer. If I can make 10-20 K thru this site then I can create another site on "Christian Gifts" and so on. Christmas would definitely return next year and I can add in some content regularly and add backlinks to increase the rankings.
    I think that your expectations are far to high. 10 to 20 K (I don't think so.) You are also trying to promote far to many products. Why don't you find out what the top ten Christmas gifts are. Write about them in your blog. Throw in a few contextual ads. And you just might make a little money

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread