Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affiliate Juice Podcast

Thumbs up Affiliate Juice Podcast
    The Affiliate Juice Podcast is up and running with bandwidth provided by GeekCast.FM. This is going to be a fun project and I'm certain it will evolve over the next few months. The idea is to review new programs that give affiliates the best chance for success. We see way too many programs launching in the major networks every month that have no clue what it really takes to recruit super affiliates and become profitable quickly.

My partner, Joe Magennis, and I will examine select programs at no cost and analyze the main features, giving other new merchants a good model of what works. We hope that our best practices will spur merchants to make changes to their programs to fit the needs of affiliates. On the flip side, it should be a great place for affiliates to hear about new programs.

I have a few rules set up on the guidelines and submission form on how we will choose merchants to review but I want the ABestWeb community to know that we are open to any managers who submit their program, whether they are outsourced managers, in-house managers, owners of the program or just someone stuck with babysitting.

We don't have all the answers on best practices but we feel our podcast can contribute to the discussion. If you have any suggestions regarding what details we should cover or how the show is formatted, please comment.

Episode 1 highlights my program, Flirty Aprons. We had to start somewhere! I've already received the next submission from another OPM. You can hear that one in two weeks.

Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I'm getting good feedback from my Advisory Council and others on how to tighten up the topics for the next podcast. I felt the first needed to explain a bit more about why we focusing on certain elements of an affiliate program. Plus, I'm not planning to promote my managed programs. I want to give other managers credit for a job well done and help new merchants understand how important it is to create programs that take into consideration the needs of affiliates.

Any thoughts?
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

The first episode is always shaky. You have to explain how things are going to run, give expectations and what not. I think you guys did an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaMarketer View Post
    The first episode is always shaky. You have to explain how things are going to run, give expectations and what not. I think you guys did an amazing job.
    You should have heard the pilot! Thanks, David.
    Greg Hoffman

Your podcast sounds like a really cool idea. As an affiliate, I think it's great to have these reviews but as as AM, I am a little scared that I would submit my program and you guys would slam it resulting in bad PR. Do you discuss what you are going to say about the progam with the AM before you broadcast it? OR have you about having the AM call in as a guest for a Q&A session or to address any concerns that might come up during the taping?

Quote Originally Posted by PushPin View Post
    Your podcast sounds like a really cool idea. As an affiliate, I think it's great to have these reviews but as as AM, I am a little scared that I would submit my program and you guys would slam it resulting in bad PR. Do you discuss what you are going to say about the progam with the AM before you broadcast it? OR have you about having the AM call in as a guest for a Q&A session or to address any concerns that might come up during the taping?
    Great question. I don't plan on slamming any program. If I need to slam it, I shouldn't be talking about it. We will let you know within 72 hours of your submission whether or not we plan to highlight your program so there is no suspense. For those that are accepted, I am talking with affiliate managers ahead of the podcast to get as much info as possible. If there is a particular element missing from the program, we can discuss why it is missing and move on from there. As the podcast evolves, I'm sure Joe and I would be happy to interview guests. Discussion is good!

We are currently taking submissions for the October 13 show.
    Greg Hoffman

Affiliate Juice Episode #2
    Joe and Greg are back with the second version of Affiliate Juice Podcast, where we review new programs that have the juice to be promoted to super affiliates.

This week we reviewed Eyeglasses123.com, managed by Sarah Bundy from the AIM Group. Check out the podcast at Affiliate Juice or Geekcast.

Working on #3 and #4 in the next week before ThinkTank.

Thoughts? We took into account all the feedback we received online and offline and tried to streamline things a bit.
    Greg Hoffman

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Greg,

I love it and am looking forward to the podcasts to come!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I just finished listening to Episode 2- I love the ways you guys highlight the program. I know this is only your second episode but can I ask if the two programs you've reviewed have had an influx of application since the podcast? Or what other kind of feedback has the merchant programs recieved as a result of being featured on your show?

Quote Originally Posted by PushPin View Post
    I just finished listening to Episode 2- I love the ways you guys highlight the program. I know this is only your second episode but can I ask if the two programs you've reviewed have had an influx of application since the podcast? Or what other kind of feedback has the merchant programs recieved as a result of being featured on your show?
    Flirty Aprons gets a bump in signups every time I mention them anywhere...I'm not sure about Eyeglasses123 since I don't manage the program. But the point is the podcasts will have a long shelf life and earlier episodes will be discovered by new listeners for many years.

So far all the feedback has been positive. We just want to add to the conversation about how to build the best programs.

We are taking submissions for shows in November. The next three weeks are booked!!!
    Greg Hoffman

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I'm impressed. Listened to the podcast, informative, to the point and not long. Good job guys. Merchants need to be jumping on this.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

Episode 3
    Our first guest! YEAH.

Jill Swartwout joined Joe and I for Episode 3 of the Affiliate Juice Podcast. It is now live on Affiliate Juice and Geekcast. Please help us spread the word.

It was fun talking with Jill and highlighting such a great program in Girly Checks. Bill was off flying a plane so we couldn't bug him to join, even though I recorded remotely from my car!

Visit the Girly Checks forum here at ABW for more info on their program.
    Greg Hoffman

Joe just sent me the link, Affiliate Juice is now up on iTunes!
    Greg Hoffman

#4 Cleatskins Review
    Our fourth installment of Affiliate Juice is an interview with Stephanie Robbins, an OPM whom manages the Cleatskins.com account in ShareASale. Stephanie submitted her program for review a few weeks back and Joe and Greg both feel Cleatskins has the “Juice” to be promoted to top performers in the network.

Listen to the podcast at Affiliate Juice or Geekcast and leave comments please!
    Greg Hoffman

Affiliate Juice Podcast is booked for the next two weeks. What merchant wants to be highlighted on Nov. 17 before Holiday Rush?

Submit your program here!
    Greg Hoffman

#5 is Alive! debshops
    The Affiliate Juice Podcast #5 is live with a short and sweet interview with Kim Salvino. She represented debshops.com on the buy.at network.

Thank you, Kim!

Listen to the podcast on Affiliate Juice or GeekCast.
    Greg Hoffman

Affordable Style Network Review

This was a home run! Joe and Greg interview Jennifer Lowder, the in-house affiliate manager for Affordable Style Network, which operates seven high quality, discount fashion accessory stores. Affordable Style pays up to 15% commission and they are exclusive to ShareASale.

Listen to it from Affiliate Juice or GeekCast.
    Greg Hoffman

I need some feedback on this one folks... Let me know what you think of the content. We were blunt with our opinions on some of these programs.

Joe and Greg log into ShareASale and evaluate random new programs to see if they have the juice to promote to affiliates. Here are the programs discussed:

Dr. Andrew Rynne
    Grill Charms
    Dakota Buffalo Company
    Mednet Direct
    Best Single Travel
    Peepers Reading Glasses
    Zapp Gum
    Calyx Flowers

Listen on Affiliate Juice or GeekCast.
    Greg Hoffman

#8 is in post production. Can't wait to announced this one.
    Greg Hoffman

Affiliate Juice #8 - Groupon

Joe and I interviewed Carolyn Tang Kmet for our latest Affiliate Juice Podcast. I think you know who she is!

Listen to the podcast! It's fantastic!

Affiliate Juice Groupon.
    Greg Hoffman

Outsourced Program Manager Shaina@GHC's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Groupon is awesome! I am an avid climber, and rock climbing indoors gets expensive very quickly. Groupon had a great coupon at Climb Time Indy for 3 visits for $20. That's a $60 value! Anyway, I was so excited to hear the podcast and I'm even more ecstatic that I get to meet Carolyn at ASW11!! I'm looking forward to Affiliate Juice #9!
    Last edited by Shaina@GHC; January 6th, 2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the word Affiliate before Juice!
    [I][B][U]Shaina Peterson[/U][/B][/I] | shaina.peterson[at]ymail.com
    [URL="http://highs-and-lows-of-life.blogspot.com/"] The Highs & Lows of Life[/URL] | Skype: flappersncrags

Quote Originally Posted by Shaina@GHC
    I'm even more ecstatic that I get to meet Carolyn at ASW11!! I'm looking forward to Affiliate Juice #9!
    You're in for a treat. Carolyn in a wonderfully talented, wonderful person. (Too many "wonderfuls?" I think not.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Finally got to listen to the podcast. Carolyn is always so much fun, and lets out some secrets too. Love it.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

Outsourced Program Manager Shaina@GHC's Avatar
    I can't believe I missed meeting her at ASW!!!
    There were a lot of people I didn't get a chance to meet!

And Bill, definitely not too many wonderfuls if someone is wonderful
    [I][B][U]Shaina Peterson[/U][/B][/I] | shaina.peterson[at]ymail.com
    [URL="http://highs-and-lows-of-life.blogspot.com/"] The Highs & Lows of Life[/URL] | Skype: flappersncrags

No podcast this week but we have a great one scheduled for next week.
    Greg Hoffman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast