Question As an affiliate, how do I promote myself?
    I run a website of my own doing affiliate business in Shareasale.com. As an affiliate, I must need to gather as much products from merchants as possible onto my own site to make enough profits. The problem is that my site is not so well known to most people and the traffic doesn't look so good everyday.

So does anyone here have ideas about how to boost traffic to my site and make it more well-known? I've been thinking about doing promotion on some qualified channels, could any of you let me know some of these channels?

Thank you very much!!!

I moved your thread to the Driving Traffic forum, where you can find a bunch of suggestions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Welcome to ABW boomerang. This question gets asked in one form or another a couple of times a week and there are probably as many ways to get traffic as there are ways to ask the question. If you're looking for a fast, easy or automagic way to drive traffic without spending any money, it probably doesn't exist. But if you're looking for real answers good places to start are the Effective Advertising and Driving Traffic forums. Here you'll find discussions about free advertising, cheap advertising, PPC and SEO as well as talk about effective banner sizes and utilizing social media to your advantage.

The SEO Discussion sub-forum will help you optimize your site/pages for the best natural search placement and the PPC Search Engines sub-forum provides you with information on making the best use of Google, Yahoo/Bing and second tier search engines without spending a fortune.

If you have questions about a particular method you may want to try the search feature and if you can't find the answer you're looking for ask more specific questions.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

How are your backlinks looking?
    Also are you trying to promote certain things based around you while trying to brand yourself or are you just spewing as many aff links as possible hoping someone will buy something?

Are you writting articles?
    There are free ways and there are paid ways to promote your website. Some of the free ways that you can start driving traffic to your site includes writing and submitting articles to article directories, participating in forums, making youtube videos, making use of social networking sites like Facebook and blogging on a regular basis as search engines love blogs. Article marketing is probably one of the best ways since you can write an article and submit it to an article directory like ezine that is viewed by millions everyday. Persons can then republish those articles as long as your information and website links remains untouched in the resource box of the article. Pretty soon your articles could be all over the internet with links to your website. This could be massive promotion for you so start writing some articles now.

15 years and counting
    As an affiliate, I must need to gather as much products from merchants as possible onto my own site to make enough profits.
    Are you sure? IMHO, quantity & quality are mutualy exclusive. If you're just starting, you have no guarantee to make more money with thousand of products instead of a few, carefully selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Are you sure? IMHO, quantity & quality are mutually exclusive. If you're just starting, you have no guarantee to make more money with thousand of products instead of a few, carefully selected.
    I agree
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

There are a lot of way that you can do to gather traffic and here are some:

Article Marketing
    Video Marketing
    Blog Comments
    Social bookmsrds
    Directory submission
    and etc...

So goodluck....

Quote Originally Posted by boomerang View Post
    I run a website of my own doing affiliate business in Shareasale.com. As an affiliate, I must need to gather as much products from merchants as possible onto my own site to make enough profits. The problem is that my site is not so well known to most people and the traffic doesn't look so good everyday.

So does anyone here have ideas about how to boost traffic to my site and make it more well-known? I've been thinking about doing promotion on some qualified channels, could any of you let me know some of these channels?

Thank you very much!!!
    Invest some money in promoting your WS. This way you will save a lot of time, which will result in earning you more money.
    My advice is not to waste time by doing it all on your own

Quote Originally Posted by boomerang View Post

Thank you very much!!!
    Gathering products from merchants is the simple part.
    Now you need targeted traffic lots of it, That's the hard part. Study and work work and study. Content, backlinks, rankings, keywords, etc. Lots of hard work and study. Don't buy into anything that says it is easy, because that is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by zire View Post
    Gathering products from merchants is the simple part.
    Now you need targeted traffic lots of it, That's the hard part. Study and work work and study. Content, backlinks, rankings, keywords, etc. Lots of hard work and study. Don't buy into anything that says it is easy, because that is a scam.
    There are plenty of SEO services that are NOT scam, but be careful as zire said.

monetizing and promotion guides
    Be sure to shop around and see networks that can offer guides for getting traffic. there are a ton of networks out there that have traffic guides just be sure to grab one that doesn't make you jump through a bunch of hoops to get one.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread