ABW Ambassador
    I just found out from a perspective customer that there's a problem w/ my merchant account. So I log into my PaySystems account to see: "System Status: Closed"

No email, no notification of any kind. Apparently, they just aren't allowed to have accounts like mine (what, ecommerce?) anymore.

Also, no refund, no assistance of any kind - just a rude employee on their support chat named Veronica L.

I once recommended this company to people who were looking for a quality merchant & now I sincerely regret doing so!

This is what she told me:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>All merchants currently processing through an IBA will no longer be able to process transactions and we are forced to give notice that effective immediately, August 9, 2004, your myPaySystems IBA Agreement is terminated. Further, as per section 9.3(e), notice is given that all funds must be held pending risk review of each account. At this time no release schedule is available, as each case attracts its own risk profile. There are also external factors which require final determination. Once we ascertain the resolution of your risk scenario, your funds may be released in the normal course. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, the only way I found out is that a customer emailed me - how many didn't? The only time you need to log into your account is to double check a transaction, after you get an email notification about the transaction. Yet, I get no notification whatsoever about the termination of my account!

After some lame answers and excuses from this rep, she abruptly closed the java chat & because it was java, I couldn't cut & paste any of the conversation. I was only able to get a screen shot of the above quote before it all went away.

Again, I'm sorry if anyone took my advice and went with this company. If this hasn't happened to you yet, it can, at any moment, without warning. Be prepared, or just avoid them altogether & take your business elsewhere...

Hi, I'm a signature.

Animal Lover
    Sorry to be dense what is an IBA? Is that an individual business account? I'm with Paysystems and I haven't had many problems with them except now they no longer accept any new Oz accounts anymore (my existing one is still okay) so I have to look elsewhere if I want a credit card processor from now on.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

They did the same thing to Linda and myself a few years ago with a reversal. 12 sales, 1 reversal and they said our reversal ratio was too high. Sad thing is, the reversal was being disputed by us as the customer received the item, then said he never ordered it. Had emails to back our claim. PaySystems ignored those and just closed the account.

Here is what I wrote on another message board about them.
    [quote]
    I would avoid Revecomm/Paysystems like the plague. I have been with them for 1yr this month and what kinda surprise did I get this am? I find out my account has been canceled.

Here is the story behind it.....
    A few months ago, I sold one of my scripts to someone. There were a few emails going back and forth between myself and the customer, nothing bad, mainly questions. I send the customer his script and never hear from him again.... Anyhow, fastforward to last week....The customer disputes his purchase. Revecomm emails me and I forward them all communications between the customer and myself. They tell me they will dispute the customer dispute. Will prob take about 2 months to clear up. They said nothing about canceling my account.

Anyhow, I get an email from a new customer yesturday wanting to buy a script, but she tells me my account in closed.

Being the wonderfull support that Revecomm has...ie...closed on the weekend, I call today. During my call, the security dept tells me that because of that 1 chargeback, that is in dispute, puts me over their chargeback percent limit. This means my account was canceled with NO notice. Never mind the fact that they have information in their possetion(sp) shows the customer dispute as invalid. According to the security guy, I am basically screwed. They will not do anything until the dispute is reversed.

Sorry for running off at the keyboard here, but I am absolutely fumming that they treat their existing accounts like this.
    [\quote]

Nice to see after 2+ years they haven't updated any of their policies. There are lots of other people having problems with them on other message boards. Pretty much, all the same story. Support is crappy and they don't care.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Animal Lover
    Okay I've joined the list - their email to me says :

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we must terminate our myPaySystems Internet Billing Account (IBA) services. This unfortunate situation is due in part to, restrictions imposed by the VISA/MasterCard association on processing of Internet credit card transactions by third party billing companies, and, our acquirer Pago eTransaction Services GmbH/Deutsche Bank, suspending our accounts and accelerating the termination of our IBA processing capabilities.

Any suggestions for other processors?

Oscar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar:
    Any suggestions for other processors?

Oscar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could try 2checkout.com. While we've had our problems with them (we use them to accept payments for our mail order business, for selling downloadable products and online memberships) we have found they are a lot bettter than PaySystems.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Animal Lover
    Thanks mate, I've joined up with 2checkout...I hope they don't suffer the same fate as Paysystems.

Oscar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar:
    Thanks mate, I've joined up with 2checkout...I hope they don't suffer the same fate as Paysystems.

Oscar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My pleasure Oscar. I hope they work out for you. We've been with them for almost 3 years and apart from their slow customer service responses, they're ok. They always pay on time so that's a big plus.

Good luck!
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

ABW Ambassador
    2checkout has, by far, the worst customer service I've experienced.. I won't even consider them, even after my experience w/ PaySystems.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Animal Lover
    Hey Celicaphile,

That was why I picked Paysystems in the first place - I was told that 2checkout had really bad customer service...Paysystems hasn't been too bad really, I used their live chat a fair bit and that was always handy. They seemed genuinely sorry that they had to close their IBAs - I guess it was out of their hands (that was what it sounded like in the email).

I've signed up with 2checkout - they seemed to be the only one I found that had no monthly fees. I haven't looked very hard though.

Oscar

I was terminated by PaySystems as well last February. Since then, they've been holding approx. $13.9k, and have given me all sorts of excuses to continue holding the funds. If your funds have been frozen, don't count on getting your money.

Avoid PaySystems like the plague.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Celicaphile:
    2checkout has, by far, the worst customer service I've experienced.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree their customer service is pretty dismal, but when it comes to getting the job done (accepting payments from customers) their system works well and they are one of the few companies that don't charge a monthly fee.

Another alternative that's also really worth mentioning is Paypal's business account.

Animal Lover
    Hi Tambo,

I'm running paypal too on the site. I just found that some people preferred using their credit card and not having to 'sign up' for an account. Others with an existing account with Paypal already didn't mind using it.

Oscar

Hi Tambo,

I'm running paypal too on the site. I just found that some people preferred using their credit card and not having to 'sign up' for an account. Others with an existing account with Paypal already didn't mind using it.

Oscar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oscar,

As I understand it, Paypal's Business Account now allows you to accept credit card payments through PayPal without the buyer having to sign up for a PayPal account, however I think it is only available to those with U.S. Business PayPal accounts - here's more info

Animal Lover
    Hi Tambo,

is that the same as a premier account or different? I use the merchant tools but I've always assumed that they have to sign up for an account - that's good news if they don't. I like Paypal in that the transfer to my Oz account only costs me AUD$1 - big plus.

I guess I'm not really US Businss so it may not apply to me.

Also whilst you're on, I noticed that there's a $600 minimum before payout from 2checkout? I sent them an email asking if it was $100 minimum for the cheque or $600 but as yet no reply...guess that's what they mean when they say customer services suck...

Oscar

is that the same as a premier account or different? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I think they are different but it applies to both the Business and Premier accounts as far as I understand.. see this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I guess I'm not really US Businss so it may not apply to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Probably not, but you should contact them anyway to find out for sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also whilst you're on, I noticed that there's a $600 minimum before payout from 2checkout? I sent them an email asking if it was $100 minimum for the cheque or $600 but as yet no reply...guess that's what they mean when they say customer services suck...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ha ha , don't expect to hear back anytime soon, but I think you'll find it's a $100 release limit for a cheque, $300 for a wire transfer.see this

Animal Lover
    Thanks Tambo.

Oscar

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread