Associate Engine navbar header?
    I have just downloaded and have been configuring the demo version of Associate Engine. I know some html but all this other programming language has me baffled. I have my header looking ok but I would like to get rid of any numbers that follow the header. How can this be accomplished?
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; October 1st, 2010 at 07:00 AM.

The numbers allow you to have a different title and description for each page(for better SEO). If you eliminate the numbers, page two and page 72 will have the same meta tags.

2busy, thank you for the answer regarding that. One other question if you don't mind (I've changed the look from grid to list since last evening). For some reason these Kindle books are not showing the price, although I am using p
    within the parameters. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; October 1st, 2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Removed Link

Amazon does not pay commission on kindle books, no reason to iron out problems you're having with that topic. You should read the rules here though because affiliate link drops are not permitted and repeated linkdrops can get you banned from ABW.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Amazon does not pay commission on kindle books
    That used to be the case, but they reversed course earlier this year.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

What I get for ignoring their emails.

Yes... Amazon does pay on Kindle products now.
    Sorry for including the link to my website. The only reason why I did that is to show folks the issue I was having with the numbers showing across the top of the page. I guess it is nice if it helps in SEO but I would rather show nothing at all or perhaps show how many total results are available for a certain search (rather than limiting it to 1-20).

When it returns a number, the total of available products is shown in a link on the page, there is a search available that would return all results for any specific book, author or topic.

On Cusimano's site where you downloaded the script, there are extensive pages on how to achieve the look and feel you want for your site. Once you activate the key you can get personal assistance too.

2busy, thank you. I'm glad I was able to try it out and I am going to purchase.
    My main concern is in being able to show the price on the page. I know if I searched a page and did not see a price, I would most likely not click further.
    I tried re-configuring as well as I could within the ae-ini but am unsure how to do other customizations... ie getting a logo across the top, getting that darn price to show up, etc...

It pays to spend time reading through the instructions pages before you buy your key so that when you do, it is already up and running the way you want. I agree that some details can be hard to locate in the instructions, but they are all there and if you spend the time, patiently - you'll be ready to go live when you buy your key.

I think it is only difficult because there are sooo many options and settings, but that really helps to make your shop unique. Good luck!

Page title: The product's page title includes the product's ASIN. It is there so that the page title is unique for different bindings of the same product (e.g.: soft cover, hard cover) with the same product title. If you want to remove the ASIN and possibly have non-unique titles, edit ae-ini.txt file and search for store.pagetitle.text configuration variable and change the {title} to {titlegeneral}. If you created your own template and use {title} in your template's <title> tag then change it to {titlegeneral}

Kindle Store: Kindle Store products do not display prices. Even though prices show up on the amazon.com website, Amazon.com's XML data services does not provide prices for those products. Thus it's not possible to display prices for those products.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread