Best templates to use?
    What are some of the best wordpress template that can be used for a blog that will have affiliate links?

I want it to look professional not spammy.

Thanks

Steve

http and a telephoto
    Any theme that will make it look professional and will fit your topic. There are thousands.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

This site gives good ideas & advice.
    Both free and premium WordPress themes are listed along with various plugins.
    Wordpress | Web and designers | Complete resource platform for web designers and developers
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've noticed that some of the themes get a little funny when adding certain links and setting up different catagories and such. I can't write my own CSS or anything so it's not so easy for me to just change what I don't like.
    I've had to play around a bit to find one that works for me.

I like the wordpress theme flex squeeze. Its easy to manage and change the look of your website and it has a nice clean look.

Every Wordpress theme I have used is able to handle affiliate links just fine. There are tons of great themes out there - free and premium. If you are new to Wordpress, I do recommend a premium theme like Studio Press or iThemes, because they have excellent support forums that are active.

if you don't mind paying, I'd advise checking out WordPress Adsense Ready Theme - HeatMap Theme. It used to be $35/year for unlimited updates, but it recently changed to $70 for a lifetime. It's also an unlimited domain license.

The current version is pretty stellar. Not only was the previous version one of the easiest, more attractive out-of-the-box themes I've run into, but the new version is over-the-top with its options and sub-styles.

What got me was the sidebar action, where it can use a combination of widgets to go between single-column and double-column widgets. With some creativity, you can do some pretty cool stuff with it.

The current version has 23 ad-sense ready placements which really just means they're spots capable of supporting common ad sizes.

Moderator Note: Unlinked URL
    Last edited by 2busy; December 1st, 2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Unlinked URL

Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    if you don't mind paying, I'd advise checking out WordPress Adsense Ready Theme - HeatMap Theme. It used to be $35/year for unlimited updates, but it recently changed to $70 for a lifetime. It's also an unlimited domain license.

The current version is pretty stellar. Not only was the previous version one of the easiest, more attractive out-of-the-box themes I've run into, but the new version is over-the-top with its options and sub-styles.

What got me was the sidebar action, where it can use a combination of widgets to go between single-column and double-column widgets. With some creativity, you can do some pretty cool stuff with it.

The current version has 23 ad-sense ready placements which really just means they're spots capable of supporting common ad sizes.

Moderator Note: Unlinked URL
    Interesting theme. Never heard of it until now... will check it out, thanks!

Atahualpa is a free theme, very flexible, lots of options and a very active helpful support forum.

Whatever theme you choose, do remember to donate - especially if they are actively supporting the theme. certainly, You'll get a better response on the support forum; more importantly, you'll be doing the right thing for the developer who did such hard work.

I like to use, elegant themes, wpzoom, they cost but they have high functionality.

FYI, in addition to a theme, you may need to find an extension to cloak you affiliate links. I've found that google treats you better if you are not a blatant affiliate site (for SEO benefits).

There are some free Wordpress compatible extensions, search them in google..

i don't think there is no special theme is required for embedding affiliate links.

if you want to hide the affiliate links (Link cloaking) use "preety Links" plugin or simply use any of the short urls service.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread