What is link churn?
    i am concern with link churn, but still i didn't get good idea about it... please share your ideas about it, and explore it..
    thanks

Hi arthur, I can't say I've heard a lot about "link churn" specifically. When you use the word churn, I tend to think of something that is coming and going. For starters, part of building good quality links to your site is based on them being stable vs any "churning" that may be going on. I think from there it comes down to getting good quality links to your site. There is a lot of talk about getting links to quickly or slowly and the impact that may have. I tend to be happy with any quality links to my site, regardless of when in time they happen.

When you say you are concerned about link churn, what is your specific concern and what is your understanding of what link churn means. Even if it isn't a clear understanding you have, that doesn't matter - just share what it is and we can try to alleviate some of your concerns or set you straight if you have reason for concerns.

What exactly is link churn? It is the first I am hearing that term.

Last edited by bobby131313; October 2nd, 2010 at 08:05 AM.

http and a telephoto
    That would be what FFA pages do. You see how popular they are now..... (not)

Doing anything that is a bad user experience is bad. How can links coming and going quickly be a good thing?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Hi arthur, I can't say I've heard a lot about "link churn" specifically. When you use the word churn, I tend to think of something that is coming and going. For starters, part of building good quality links to your site is based on them being stable vs any "churning" that may be going on. I think from there it comes down to getting good quality links to your site. There is a lot of talk about getting links to quickly or slowly and the impact that may have. I tend to be happy with any quality links to my site, regardless of when in time they happen.

When you say you are concerned about link churn, what is your specific concern and what is your understanding of what link churn means. Even if it isn't a clear understanding you have, that doesn't matter - just share what it is and we can try to alleviate some of your concerns or set you straight if you have reason for concerns.

@logan: i have a bit idea but still not cleared.. link churn is, when you link is appeared on any website, and search index it, after than it disappear, and search engine again come on that page, and dont find you link, that means search engine updated its cache..... and the same process is done again and again because of any problem with you resource network, or your link..
    it can be consider some time spam, which is bade to your website...
    i have little idea about it ,, you please search out and share over here. thanks

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by arthur_drag View Post
    i have little idea about it ,, you please search out and share over here. thanks
    It's not good, don't do it. You don't need to know any more than that.
    Deborah Carney

I'm sorry for beating the horse but ... I have a situation where a visitor (or Google...) comes to my page that contains the requested information and, in addition, also has links, with some descriptive text, for similar items.

If that customer, Google or anyone else were to come by a week later, some of the 'add-on' links I display might change reflecting changes in the data feeds that I use to create my links.

Is this 'link churn' and how much trouble am I making for myself??

Charles

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by micheck View Post
    I'm sorry for beating the horse but ... I have a situation where a visitor (or Google...) comes to my page that contains the requested information and, in addition, also has links, with some descriptive text, for similar items.

If that customer, Google or anyone else were to come by a week later, some of the 'add-on' links I display might change reflecting changes in the data feeds that I use to create my links.

Is this 'link churn' and how much trouble am I making for myself??

Charles
    No, as stated above link churn is deliberately changing links out just to get or give link juice, not because of changes to a datafeed.

Link Churn sounds like something someone made up to make everyone go see if it works or not. There is no info in G about it, it is a "fantasy" or a strategy that a very few people are using that are trying to create a buzz or create a new product.

It isn't something that appears to be a "real" technique at all.

If you are serving relevant content to your site visitors that changes because it is a change made by merchants, then you are fine.
    Deborah Carney

Link churn is the rate at which links on a page change over a given period of time.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread