Ebates Commission
    Is there a lag on this? I can generate today's report and see quite a few clicks and at least a few people said they ordered...but no commission. Is this normal?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Why would you want to earn a few cents today from a parasite that will later steal your commissions? Read the Ebates forum in the Parasiteware forum...then delete those ebates links on your blog.

eBates - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Wow, I had no idea about all of that. I just read the forum and I doubt I'll be linking to them in the future.
    So is that my answer? I won't see any of that money because ebates is parasiteware?
    Forgive me for being naive...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Heateras View Post
    Wow, I had no idea about all of that. I just read the forum and I doubt I'll be linking to them in the future.
    So is that my answer? I won't see any of that money because ebates is parasiteware?
    Forgive me for being naive...
    Learn a valuable lesson, and drop Ebates. You will earn more by educating yourself anyway.

Never, ever, ever, promote Ebates. Ever.

Okay, I for sure know that now.

So forgive me for asking again but is there a delay at all? I get that they are bad and I shouldn't ever ever promote them again. But what's done is done and I know people purchased through my links. I have 60 clicks and no money.
    I can understand if there is a bit of a delay because they need to hear back from the retailer to see if there actually was a purchase made. But you are seriously saying that for all 60+ clicks...they will ignore ALL of that and not give me a single lead?
    So they NEVER pay affiliates?
    I'm getting a bit frustrated here. I know I did something dumb now by promoting them, I simply didn't know. But now that I know, I need to know what I can do about it. Just be patient and hope at least a few of those clicks generate into the supposed $5 lead they promise? Email them and ask where my money is?

I'm really new to all of this if you can't tell. And trust me I am trying my best to educate myself. I'm not thinking this is easy money...I just want some answers.
    I'm sorry if this post comes off as desperate. I am NOT a business person. I'm just a mom having fun with her blog and trying to make some money off of it in the process. To see all of those clicks yesterday and know that could have been my commissions makes me want to cry.

ABW Ambassador
    How many leads are you sure that you have? 100% sure. How many?

Or are these leads that you think you should have?

I am 100% sure I should have 10. I am relatively sure I should have 22.

and thank you Julian. I know I must have sounded pretty insane in that last post, so I appreciate you helping me.

ABW Ambassador
    and thank you Julian. I know I must have sounded pretty insane in that last post, so I appreciate you helping me.
    We work in affiliate marketing, so we are all a little insane, so welcome to the club.

ABW Ambassador
    I am 100% sure I should have 10. I am relatively sure I should have 22.
    You should get all of the leads. There can be a delay in reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    We work in affiliate marketing, so we are all a little insane, so welcome to the club.
    haha! I love it! True true.

Thank you so much for calming me down. It's good to know there is a delay. I won't promote them in the future, but I'm glad to know that all that money might not be lost.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi all,

They are sending us leads in batch. There might be times where you see clicks without leads due to delay issues. If you are still experiencing this by the end of the month, please let me know by sending me a private message.

Thanks!

Jamie

They don't have enough post to send PMs.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I appreciate it Jamie. I tried to look all over google to find someone to contact directly, but I must have missed it. I appreciate you responding. BurgerBoy is right that I don't have PM privileges yet though. If I still don't by that time, I will post in this thread. Thanks!

Affiliate Manager
    @heateras - I apologize that you may not have received commissions yet. If you get a chance, please ping me at bwilkinson at ebates dot com and I'll be happy to research the issue. As the google affiliate moderator said, we batch transactions over to Google once a week so it may take a while for your commissions to show up.

@Rhea - Hey Rhea - Contrary to what some may think, Ebates is not a parasitic site. Please contact me and I'd be happy to bring you up to speed on all the wonderful things that are going on.

http and a telephoto
    bwilkinson@overstock.com do you need your user name changed?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilkinson@overstock.com View Post

@Rhea - Hey Rhea - Contrary to what some may think, Ebates is not a parasitic site. Please contact me and I'd be happy to bring you up to speed on all the wonderful things that are going on.
    It doesn't matter what they do, they will always be Ebates. The name is tainted.

Affiliate Manager
    @loxly yes - if you could change it to my current email address (described in my message) I would appreciate it.

@Julian The business world is full of successful companies who have made mistakes in the past but have overcome them and transformed into a successful, customer centric company. Ebates is one of those companies.

http and a telephoto
    Only Michael can change user names, and it would be smarter to have it NOT be an email address at all, but as a manager, your real name. Which we have part of

Send an email to admin@abestweb.com with the user name you would prefer and your current user name.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilkinson@overstock.com View Post

@Julian The business world is full of successful companies who have made mistakes in the past but have overcome them and transformed into a successful, customer centric company. Ebates is one of those companies.
    Last edited by Julian; October 6th, 2010 at 01:02 PM.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread