Affiliate Marketing Secrets
    As a newbie to affiliate marketing are the certain secrets to successful affiliate marketing?

Thanks for any help.

The Secret: Hard work & education. Don't believe everything you read, but learn to test/experiment for yourself. What doesn't work for some may work for you. That said, you can believe everything in the forums below, so grab yourself a cuppa java, a comfortable chair & start reading:

AffiliateABCs.com - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    [2006] The Magic Bullet Thread - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Ditto what JoyUnltd said + there is wealth of information here. read and feel to ask questions!

Folks here are awesome

Yes but its a secret.

The Secret is working hard to make a success out of it.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

WORK-WORK-WORK!!!
    It's fun, but it is still work.
    Don't get discouraged and keep at it until you get what you want.

A thought about the definition of "work" from a merchant I had a conversation with:
    The only difference between work and play is what we call it.
    Even when the going gets tough, your attitude makes all the difference in getting through it. So have a lotta fun along your journey & take all this "hard work" advice down a few notches. If you aren't having fun, you shouldn't be doing it.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Exclamation
    Looking at the answers from probably more experienced affiliates, I'd have to agree it's just good hard work over time. I put my first website up a year ago. I worked on the content, backlinks, social media, etc. for awhile in my part time and was pleased with getting 20-50 hits a day pretty quickly. Got it to 100 hits a day but all I had was google adsense. I decided to try and sell some products but had no conversions all summer. Got discouraged a bit so didn't mess with the site for 4 months. I started back up again a few weeks ago and switched back to google adsense and started adding some content, doing more niche keyword research for my topic. Now so far, I'd never made more than say $.25 a day at best with google adsense. Within a week, my daily revenue jumped to over a $1 a day. Okay, I'm not getting rich! But, just adding a few more pages and tweeking the adsense adds etc. and I quadrupled by my daily revenue and my traffic is on the up-tick.

So, even though I have a heck of a long ways to go, its clear its just long hard work on building content that I can get decent traffic and then work on getting any of that traffic to convert to money of some kind.

Maybe that was a long explanation or response but heck, I'm still a newbie if you look at my revenue so I thought I might as well be honest as to what's happened with me so far. It's clear that if I had stuck with this and not gotten sidetracked on some other web stuff, I'd probably be at the exact same place within the first 3-4 months of my site vs. 12 months later but regardless, I'm learning and moving forward and getting better about concentrating on working on my site very regularly.

It's clear that if I had stuck with this and not gotten sidetracked on some other web stuff, I'd probably be at the exact same place within the first 3-4 months of my site vs. 12 months later but regardless, I'm learning and moving forward and getting better about concentrating on working on my site very regularly.
    Maybe and maybe not.
    Some of the headway is time related and can only happen over time. It sounds like you have a solid base started which is the part that a lot of people try to skip. Content is important and solid backlinks are the fuel - by that I mean links that you didn't ask for from sites that found your content useful. None of this experience is wasted time, as you know by now-learning what doesn't work is just as important as learning what does work.

Good luck on your continuing progress.

Affiliate Manager
    Nothing new to say... you will have to work... and very hard by the way.

Good Luck!

As a newbie to affiliate marketing are the certain secrets to successful affiliate marketing?
    Don't give up, work hard and keep learning.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread