Do Posts Get Stale?
    Just curious...
    If your making good posts and getting indexed for them, but they are very seasonal, do they get stale after a while or do they stay the same as long as your targeted keywords are still being searched for? Or do they get stronger the following year because the domain is that much older?

I have been doing a "what's happening" type of blog for a major city site. I am on the mailing list from the local Office of Promotion and receive press releases so it's rather easy to get the info for seasonal happenings. I am now working on a third yearly cycle and am seeing search engine referrals to old, as well as new, posts. Sooo, I'm glad I have been putting the "year" in the post titles.

The good thing is that it works. I have a lot of "old" content for some major events - and the SERPs do show it.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Cool, Thanks Bill.
    It's nice to know that the old post can recieve as much credit as the new ones. So far I'm having mixed success with my site right now. It's focused ariund Halloween and I know that it was late getting it up and going because it should have been running months ago, but I'm just starting out and it was th eeasiest thing to wrap my head around because of how into it I am.
    I'm more-so looking at this site as a starter and test to get the feel of things and learn how to put it all together. I figure by next year this will be doing much better because of the domain age and more content and tweaks.
    I just wish I could have seen a bit of return on it so that it would have been a bit more inspiring to head forward onto another project.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread