Problem with 'Create a Custom Link to a page'
    Hello everyone,

I recently signed up as an affiliate with a website on SAS and I wanted to link to a specific page on their website. Usually, I would click on the 'Create a custom link to a page' link to get started.

In this case however, I notice that the affiliate program name does not appear in the 'Merchant for this link' dropdown. However, I notice that when I input the destination link, SAS generates a custom page URL for me.

My question is whether this link will be tracked? Or does the fact that this merchant did not appear in the dropdown affect the tracking and subsequently prevent me from getting paid.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    From what I understand, if the merchant's name does not appear in the dropdown list, that means the merchant does not allow deep linking to the pages on its website.

I don't think you can input any destination link and generate a custom page URL with no specific merchant selected.

That was my understanding too..But when I have any random merchant selected and then input my destination URL, I am still given a SAS referral link that seems to be working perfectly.

http and a telephoto
    If you test the link and it tracks, that's fine, but check that is setting the *right* cookie. And test it again in a few days. As noted, some merchants don't allow custom linking.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Might be a good idea to add something that states that on the page.

Might eliminate some confusion and affiliates thinking they were terminated or something.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    If the Merchant isn't available in that list - the likely reason is that they do not allow for custom URL linking. While you may be able to create a link that way, it will default back to the Merchant's chosen landing page as opposed to the one that you wanted.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Hey Brian,

That's the confusing part. The merchant does not exist in the drop-down. Yet, when I create a custom-link to a particular page on the merchant website, it still works. Clicking the SAS link takes me to that specific webpage.

Anyway, I'm just assuming I will not be credited with a sale even if this works. So I have not taken forward with the campaign.

I'm also confused on the "create a custom link" thing. When I make them and review them, I see "raw clicks", however; those clicks are not being tracked on the "daily stats" page. Why is that?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread