network account VS merchant account
    Hi,

Can someone please clarify the difference between being an affiliate directly with the merchant, and, being an affiliate with the entire network.

If I sign up as a member with, say, LinkShare or Commission Junkie, does that automatically make me an affiliate of all their supported merchants? Or do I need to individually contact the merchants to get a affiliate id.

Thanks a Million!

You join the network (LS, CJ, Etc.) and once you join then you'll see a list of the merchants they have.

You will then have to apply to the merchants that you want to use and some will accept you and some will not.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

At the moment I have a domain and web hosting, but nothing more. Is that enough to be accepted by merchants?

You need to add some pages to your site so the merchants will know what your site will look like before most of them will accept you.

BurgerBoy you've been really helpful...I would just like to confirm my understanding...

1) Create account with GoldenCAN
    2) Create store (example...selling puppies)
    3) I choose 3 merchants who are selling puppies, get in contact with them directly, get accepted by them.
    4) After being accepted by them, I go to the affiliate network which they belong to, for example, Commission Junction. I get accepted by that network.
    5) Finally, I can input my GoldenCAN code into my website.

Is all that correct?

If I get accepted by the merchant, but not accepted by the network, does it have any effect on my GoldenCAN store?

Is it easy to get accepted by merchants and networks?

You have to join the network first and apply to the merchants and get accepted by them and then go to GoldenCan.

I was wondering why this is posted in the GoldenCan forum. Now I see.
    The steps to take are:
    1. Join network(s)
    2. Find merchants you want to promote.
    3. After the merchant(s) approve you, go to GoldenCan and open an account - OR -
    4. Open an account on GoldenCan and find the merchants there that are in the network(s) that you have an account with. Join those merchants and go back to GoldenCan to create your shop(s).

Not all merchants on all networks are on GoldenCan, but you need to have a network account to be able to join merchants that are on that network. You need to already have been accepted by a merchant to be able to add their products and receive a commission. Joining a network gives you access to the merchants on that network, but you do not get any commission until you have applied and been accepted by that merchant within the network.

Don't depend on GoldenCan to be the only content on your site or you may not be very successful - and you may have trouble getting accepted into merchant's programs. There are a lot of affiliates that you are competing with so you need to build a site that brings traffic and gives people a better experience than other affiliate sites.

Good luck.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread