Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Friday's my "find new products to sell" brainstorming day...

I know eBooks are pretty small purchases and have been done for so long, by SO MANY, that they're somewhat out of favor for affiliates (seems that way to me anyhow).

I bought an e-book last year from this site:
    www.dreamjobstogo.com

The book was good quality - but I've ONLY read this one eBook - have never read any others from any other company or source.

Went back there to check it out again - poof -aff program found under "Share the Dream" link there - looks like an indie...

So...

1) Anyone moving lots of eBooks? What's new there in eBook land? What's popular? Seem to recall reading that ClickBank was the leading network provider for eBook and digital downloads - is that where I should look for other eBooks?

2) Can you recommend a source other than this one I know of? (I like the appeal of instant download and therefore I suppose, low reversals / chargebacks)

3) By chance, sold the DreamJobsToGo line of eBooks? Worked out well?

Any thoughts on this?

Hi Donuts,

I have some ebooks that sell on Ebookmall.com. I suspect since most ebooks sell for less than 10 bucks this wouldn't be a very lucrative affiliate adventure. Websites pretty much split the profits with authors which doesn't leave much for an affiliate program. Dreamjobstogo may be different I don't know.

I'd be interested to hear what others think on this too.

Good luck!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

I did find out from another person that emailed me that the e-books I saw (dream jobs) pay 20% for tier 1 and 10% for tier 2 and what the email exchange was about is that while their books are all about $10-14 range, they sell bundles that average like $25-35 or something.

Person told me their RV series (at dream jobs) is their number one seller - guess a lot of people in RV's are trying to figure out careers and dream jobs that can be done while travelling the country via RV. I didn't check out their titles for RV's - I don't have any sites with RV traffic... but the bundled price packages seem the way to go.

As your handle is "Travelin' Man", I figure you either a Bob Seger fan or maybe an RV kind of person or Both! Going to Katmandu?

So I'm mentioning this RV angle for you - heard the dream jobs works that angle well.

And I suppose makes a very good point about target market, genre, and the nature of a site's specific traffic! If it fits, it fits. If it doesn't, it seems ridiculous / financially senseless!

Also, still not a lot of money per sale - but such is affiliate marketing at times...

Guess it's the moral of this story... if the theme/traffic fits, wear it!

I checked out the site you mentioned - Ebookmall.com Good stuff!! Can also see the sites linked there (in my Alexa tool bar as similar sites) all seem to be clearing houses with "eBooks" as their theme. I really don't think I could (or want to) compete with these guys. I'm going to keep looking for eBooks with themes that fit my existing sites - instead of being a place where eBooks galore are sold.

As an author of eBooks (think you said you wrote them), do you find sites whose themes fit your eBooks content (and go for quality match) OR have you mostly concentrated on things like eBookmall.com that's more of a shotgun (or spray and pray) kind of approach to selling / reselling them?

All others welcomed to comment!!!

PS - Person who email'd me said I could share dream jobs stuff above - but only anonymously - they sell the dream jobs stuff and more and I - I promised to not say their handle or site publicly or privately... but they said I could mention the general stuff above, the RV opportunity (cuz their angle doesn't fully exploit that market anyhow (but they thought it might be good for me in Florida)) and also say dream jobs is in 4th place of the 50+ eBook lines they sell - and wouldn't tell me the others they sell - but I can guess from their page layouts / prime space - but enough about them - they want to go on unnoticed...

And holy cow!!! Just saw this at the site you linked me to... the eBookmall.com...

2,500 eBooks
    Free Downloads for all Members
    Lifetime Membership
    Only $19.95

Pricing like that seems totally crazy - definitely devalues the books if they offer 2,500 for a flat $19.95. Wonder if the authors each get 1/2,500 of the ~$3 profit?

That'd be $0.0012 per ebook sold!

Scratching "become a great eBook author" off my list of things to do later in life... hehehee!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Those are just ebooks of my first 2500 ABW posts and are priced about right!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

aparrotly, you've got a sense of humor, as well as experience!

Donuts,

I'll have to check out the RV series and see what it's about. Thanks!

Yup, the wife and I sold our house and business, bought an RV and hit the road. I guess you can say where ever we park that's where we call home. Although I'm always open to other oportunities while on the road Affiliate Marketing takes up enough of my time. It's great to be able to travel and stay connected to the world.

Anyway, I don't make much off the ebooks even when I advertise them through my sites. I haven't seen that "2,500 ebooks for a flat $19.95. That wasn't the deal when I signed up 18 months ago. I'll have to see if that includes my ebooks. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited to include: I checked out that list of 2500 ebooks. Looks like a good deal for 20 bucks. I was glad to see that my ebooks were not among them. Cheers

Thanks again for commenting and good luck with your business adventures!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Your RV story is VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like you'd be "in the know" there for sure and can exploit the knowledge / lifestyle, and the opportunity to talk to others doing the same, to make some sites / pages for RV living. Let me know if the DreamJobs eBooks for RV'ing work for you in the months ahead if you pursue it - seems like a great fit.

The guy I talk to said it was working VERY well for them.

Figure most of my posts are pretty self-centered info gathering efforts - would be very gratifying if this suggestion I passed along to you about RV eBooks I heard of can make you money - very gratifying!!

What do you do for Internet Access in the RV? I've seen the RV systems with the hunting antenna - seems WAY too expensive - and who needs access as you drive? Guessing you have DirecTV's Satellite Access system and the power gage (or a good compass) and you point it correctly when you stop / park somewhere... that the case?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Donuts:
    Your RV story is VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you do for Internet Access in the RV? I've seen the RV systems with the hunting antenna - seems WAY too expensive - and who needs access as you drive? Guessing you have DirecTV's Satellite Access system and the power gage (or a good compass) and you point it correctly when you stop / park somewhere... that the case?

... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may write an RV ebook one day with what I've learned. Besides traveling and seeing great places, one of the biggest reasons we're living RV is to escape the high costs of owning a home and property. Flippin taxes! Anyway, if you can afford the initial outlay to get started RVing is really inexpensive.

No, I don't have one of those expensive mobile dishes. I have looked into them and they run between 5 and 6 grand. Ouch! I'm perfectly happy with the cheap model I have and it works just fine.

I have a Direcway system that I purchased a few years ago for my house. I just took that and modified it to sit on a heavy duty tripod. I use a compass and a laptop to get a single and I'm online. Mine is an older system with xmit and recv modems. It's pretty sweet. Service is a little pricy though. 60 bucks a month. There may be some cheaper services but I'm happy with this one (and my profits pay for it anyway).

Thanks for your interest! If anyone out there is interested in an RV lifestyle do it now while you are young and can still get around. We are in our 40s and having a blast!

Cheers!
    Travelin' Man

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread