Article Directories Which Allow Links In Signatures
    I don't really like the idea of giving content away to article directories but would like to know which are the top article directories apart from EZA which allow links in signatures. Right now I have accounts on associated content, articles alley, EZA, buzzle, article base. Have submitted just 1 article each to articles alley and snipsly. I think snipsly has really low standard and just received 1 visitor from an article I submitted a couple of days ago. Ofcourse the article wasn't really high quality either

Articles Alley does allow links in sigs but the last time I tried submitting an article the submit button took me to a blank page. I am looking for a couple of article directories which have a decent standard of acceptance and don't take as long as EZA to approve articles. Thanx in advance for the information.

I signed up on most of the sites you've mentioned. Some of them work okay, some not that well. Another nice revenue-sharing backlinking site to add to this list that I've been using recently with success is Ongobee. You can submit a big variety of content there including articles, reviews, tests, quizzes, etc. and get 80% share of revenue from Amazon ads, 60% share from Adsense ads, and can also submit links/bookmarks which are automatically affiliated by Viglik, so you get 80% share of revenue generated by affiliated links too. When you submit your links, they are kept dofollow.

Thanx for the advise Vassar. Would definitely take a look.

As a matter of fact I did create a Squidoo lens a few days ago and planning to create a few more in the coming weeks. If I find Ongobee appealing, will join it.

I surfed thru a thread on this forum which had a long discussion about the pros and cons of article directories. Really disappointed by the lack of response from advanced members.
    Last edited by Jhangora; October 11th, 2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by bistones2010 View Post
    i just began to be a SEOer, i want to all the experts can give my more forums with more signatures. thank you for sharing.
    Forums can be a bit tricky. Most quality ones either don't allow links in sigs, don't allow affiliate links in sigs, or only allow links in sigs for advanced members. For example this one allows links in sigs after u've made 250 posts. Nice question BTW.

One can find lists of thousands of article directories, bookmarking sites, and forums on warrior forum and black hat world but I don't trust them, thats why started this thread.

Vassar I took a quick look at Ongobee and it looks nice. Definitely a site worth joining to promote one's content. Thanx again.

I think you mean forums which allow links in signatures, article directories should allow the link, but most of them ask for a reciprocal link to your homepage, and there is no assurance that they won't remove your link, once you link to them

this one allows links in sigs after u've made 250 posts.
    Actually, it is not after 250 posts, it is after 250 quality posts. That is to prevent a new member from just wandering through ABW and leaving drivel attached to 250 threads so they can "earn" a backlink. It can take thousands of posts for some people to earn the right.

Every now and then you'll see someone drop in once a day and add a few lines in a dozen posts just to reach that magic 250 number. They don't participate or add anything to the discussions, just add in a line or two of useless drivel and then go away. When you come in to ABW and see a dozen posts, one after the other that add nothing to the topic being discussed, then you'll know that person is one of the "250 Hunters".

Affiliate Manager
    I believe that everyone is here for 2 reasons:
    1) Enjoy meeting each other
    2) To do some business

Turns to be that the one enjoying, is doing business as well... so almost everyone here is doing business. To do so, you need a signature, cause this forum is very tight regarding promotions...

For example, one of my niches, Pharmacy, is forbidden here, I can not place my URL in my signature but if I do paid advertising I can place banners all over, something about $200 per month.

250 posts is a very respectable number. Most forums (bigger as well) are under that number... bottom line I understand why ppl are posting a few lines sometimes... tightness leads to tightness.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Every now and then you'll see someone drop in once a day and add a few lines in a dozen posts just to reach that magic 250 number. They don't participate or add anything to the discussions, just add in a line or two of useless drivel and then go away. When you come in to ABW and see a dozen posts, one after the other that add nothing to the topic being discussed, then you'll know that person is one of the "250 Hunters".
    Most of those posters get banned and their posts deleted. (I just banned one a couple minutes ago.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by dagaul101 View Post
    I think you mean forums which allow links in signatures, article directories should allow the link, but most of them ask for a reciprocal link to your homepage, and there is no assurance that they won't remove your link, once you link to them
    I mean article directories which allow links in signatures.

Better ones won't remove the links in sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Actually, it is not after 250 posts, it is after 250 quality posts. That is to prevent a new member from just wandering through ABW and leaving drivel attached to 250 threads so they can "earn" a backlink. It can take thousands of posts for some people to earn the right.

Quality is hard to define, and very subjective. For example I think this post of urz adds nothing to this discussion.

I smell something really distasteful in ur comment which makes me want not to post again on this forum. Would u like members who make this forum their home and remain logged in 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Most of those posters get banned and their posts deleted. (I just banned one a couple minutes ago.)
    Your post too adds nothing to the forum. Cud u carry ur discussion with 2 Busy - unless she is too busy - in the mod section.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria B
    tightness leads to tightness.
    So right. I have noticed that I get few or no replies for constructive topics related to afiiliate marketing. Maybe the senior members are 2 Busy banning new members and figuring out how to milk the forum.

I'd rather get some articles written for my sites than spend $ 200 on putting banners on this forum.

Just noticed the Groupon National Deals 14.10.2010 Thread ... I bet Groupon has made their payment to the forum.
    Last edited by Jhangora; October 13th, 2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: adding info

You have a right to your opinion of me and this forum, but you do not have the right in this forum to direct offensive comments at anyone. If you will read my comment, you can see there is not one word of it directed at you either broadly or personally so your response is uncalled for.

Affiliate Manager
    I need to agree with Jhangora... sometimes the feeling is "if you are not a friend of" then you can't have a respectable stay in this forum... and that the only way to be a friend of... is paying

I always try not to break any rule, and when I did so (ignoring I was in a fault) I was attacked by half forum

Got moderator's PMs saying things like my signature was distasteful to other members and the last one (That was incredible) saying "I don't want to see that" (FYI: was a post about animal cruelty posted on Midnight Cafe under the Affiliate Lounge Section that is described as follows: "Need a break? Come here for off-topic discussions, photos, jokes, sports talk and more!")

It's hard to get along with moderators, applying the laws according to their personal preferences, not being objective, depending on the mood of the day... NOT ALL OF THEM OF COURSE!

It's hard to be part of a forum that doesn't want new members to stay...

What was the subject of the tread again..?
    I am confused.. I thought the subject of this thread was "Article Directories Which Allow Links In Signatures". How did it happen that because of the bickering of 2busy, MichaelColey and other "distinguished contributors" the original subject got completely forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Vassar View Post
    I am confused.. I thought the subject of this thread was "Article Directories Which Allow Links In Signatures". How did it happen that because of the bickering of 2busy, MichaelColey and other "distinguished contributors" the original subject got completely forgotten?
    It happens. Perhaps a mod can split off the off topic discussion into a new thread.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Keep the off topic in the thread. Makes it more interesting. Besides who has a conversation and only talks about one thing

On the artcle directories issue, personally the one site that I have been satisfied with is ezinearticles

I tried goarticles because the links there are supposed to be do follow but apparently not for me
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread