Newegg Reversals
    Did anyone else have a LARGE percentage of their Newegg transactions for September reversed? It looks to me like 80% of mine were. I wonder if it is an issue of supply or something else?
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

23 out of my 29 NewEgg transactions have been reversed for September and the day isn't over yet. Each hour seems to introduce more reversals and it seems to be trending towards 100%.

I'm e-mailing the NewEgg affiliate manager right now, it must be a bug.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Interestingly enough, 23/29 = 79.31% reversal rate.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I just had another batch of reversals. It looks like they ARE reversing every transaction from September. I think I'm at 28 of 29 reversed.

I just checked with one of my members who made a purchase and she said that she did NOT return or cancel her order. So they must be having some major problems.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

80% reversal is frightening whichever way you look at it, would cause me to not bother with the advertiser again

At this point, I'm seeing 44 Newegg Sept. transactions reversed out of 45. This must be a bug.

I've just got an email saying that the reversals are shown due to an error and that the problem will be fixed.
    Last edited by danijelzi; October 13th, 2010 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danijelzi View Post
    I've just got an email saying that the reversals are shown due to an error and that the problem will be fixed.
    Was it only because you emailed them? I haven't heard anything from them, but I had not emailed them yet either. You would think it would be the kind of thing that they would send to all affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms View Post
    You would think it would be the kind of thing that they would send to all affiliates.
    I haven't received and e-mail yet either, and I did e-mail them twice.

BTW, I don't think this issue affects all affiliates. I've heard from at least one who had no reversals.

I'm guessing we had a valid reversal, but for some technical reason, it snowballed and canceled all of our transactions. I actually saw something similar with Abe's of Maine on CJ a few months ago.

Regardless, Newegg should e-mail us and let us know what is going on.
    Last edited by isellstuff; October 13th, 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Got something from CJ/NewEgg:
    We wanted to let you know of about a change to the way your Newegg transactions will appear in the CJ Account Manager.

As you know, Newegg’s standard policy is to automatically extend all transactions to accommodate their 30 day return policy. During the September processing cycle, Newegg’s transactions were mistakenly not extended. However, we detected this error immediately and are currently in the process of reversing and reposting all Newegg’s transactions for the month of September.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best,
    [CJ Employee Contact Info Removed]
    Last edited by MichaelColey; October 13th, 2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Removed CJ Employee Contact Info

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread