Question Press Release Question
    I'm pretty sure this fits in the Blogging forum. Follow me on this.

I've been writing press releases for 15 years and have a fair amount of experience with PR Web. But I've noticed the last few press releases are being picked up by automated blogs and rewritten badly. 95% of the content stays the same but keywords are changed, thus changing the context and the professionalism of the original words.

Is this practice done so the site has semi-original content? Is the rewriting automated or outsourced?

Here is an example:
    The original - Affiliate juice is a new podcast hosted by two affiliate industry veterans that want to help merchants find success faster and help affiliates identify great new programs without the hassle.

The poser - Affiliate extract is a new podcast hosted by dual associate attention veterans that wish to assistance merchants find success faster and assistance affiliates brand good new programs though a hassle.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

hehe - Affiliate "extract" is kinda cute...

More seriously - that sounds like one of those auto-re-writers (synonym replacement crap) straight from the depths of h*ll and/or stupidity. They may get a bit extra "juice" for a while - but I'm betting the big search algorithms will eventually catch and denigrate them.

I'm also thinking that serious readers (the people we would want to associate or affiliate with) are smart enough to "see through" crap sites like the one in your example.

Here's hoping that's not just wishful thinking.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate extract!!! Very funny. = Essence of Affiliate.

However, the situation you describe of having your words hijacked and massacred is not funny at all. Sorry for your pain, but thanks for the laughs. Is there any way to report them to PRWeb to get their account closed, or is PRWeb just a free grab it and use it place?
    Last edited by dsharpie; October 14th, 2010 at 11:10 AM.
    [B]David Stevenson[/B] - Florida, USA

No contact info on the blog, no Alexa, PR or Compete ranking. Looks like an auto blog and will probably get deindexed in a few weeks. Unfortunately, the link to your site looks to redirect through Yahoo so I'm not sure you get any link juice from it. I wouldn't sweat over it as it will probably be gone shortly.

Not sweating it, just didn't understand how or why it was done.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Sorry, I didn't answer your questions.

Is this practice done so the site has semi-original content?

Probably. They probably don't want a dup penalty from Google.. but looking at it, they aren't doing a very good job.

Is the rewriting automated or outsourced?

I would be 99.9% certain that whole site is automated. they probably pull in feeds automatically, spin it, and post all without lifting a finger. There's no way they post that many times in 1 day without it being all automated.

They can do this for a number of reasons and that's a whole other topic. Looking at their blog for a few seconds, I'm not exactly sure why this blog does it.

well, press release can let us have good advantage while doing SEO of our website.. i was not concern with it, but the time i feel that i should multiple ways to get good traffic, i starting using press releases submission, this is really great, !!

Unfortunately, it's probably automated. This has happened a lot with blog posts I've written, especially when I write for the larger SEO sites. The best you can do if there is no contact information on the site is contact the hosting company for the domain and let them know the site they are hosting is spam and stealing copyrighted content. You can usually find the host via the WHOIS search tools.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread