Is LinkShare Accepting New Merchants?
    Hi,

I have been filling out the linkshare form for Advertisers over the past few weeks, left messages on the answering machine, and nothing!

Can any affiliate here recommend either a way to contact linkshare, or any equivalent network that I should set up with?

Thank you for your help

May
    maymorgano (at) gmail (dot) com

That's probably a good sign to stay away! If they don't want your business there are plenty of other networks out there. Try Commission Junction, Shareasale, Buy.at, Avantlink, etc. Even Google Affiliate Network if you must.
    Your Ad Here.

The bigger networks are quite a bit more selective on the merchants they allow in. If you're not a recognized brand, you'll be a pretty low priority for them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Even more reason to run away. Assume they don't want your business and look for a network that you feel comfortable will give you the attention that you deserve as a customer.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Contact Us - LinkShare

If not, contact me via my sig/blog and I will help you get in touch with a person

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The only way to get a quote on launching a program is to speak with one of their sales people. They have several offices but I have had similar issues years ago. You can contract through an OPM to launch the program there.

Question, why LinkShare?

If an organization ignores you during the sales cycle, the point where they should be the most attentive, imagine the kind of attention you'll get once you're locked in to a contract. I don't have a problem with LS, but as Michael said, "If you're not a recognized brand, you'll be a pretty low priority for them".

I'm sure that you can find other networks that will work to get your business.

Just sayin'.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Thank you all very much for your input. I got the message.
    I'll give you some background - I am with a small OPM, and we are growing with our clients. I am advertising this (and other) brands, all of them are quite small and unknown (but still, they do turn a profit for themselves and their affiliates) in CJ and in ShareASale.

From the side of an affiliate manager, so far SAS was the best choice.

My client asked us to add a few more networks to the pull, so I thought about linkshare, having heard so much good about them from the affiliates themselves.

But, as you all suggest, I guess I will move in different direction.

Again, thank you for your input.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread