View Poll Results: What is your EPP? (Earnings Per Page)

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than $0.01

4 18.18%
  • $0.02 - $0.25

2 9.09%
  • $0.26 - $1.00

1 4.55%
  • $1.01 - $5.00

3 13.64%
  • $5.00 and beyond

12 54.55%
    As an Affiliate, we normally gauge and measure success (or lack of) by using EPC and EPA, EPM. I thought it would be interesting to run a poll on EPP (Earnings Per Page - did I just think up a new term? )

If you are an Affiliate, estimate the total number of pages where you have advertising or Affiliate links - basically any page that can potentially generate income. Take an average of your earnings per month (let's say for the last 3 months) and divide this by the number of pages you have estimated. Which EPP category would you fall under?

I mainly have CPM and CPC programs on my site so I generate in excess of 5 dollars per page.

But when it comes to comission sales I would have to say 1.01 to 5 dollars per page a month.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Think you need to add some much higher brackets since you made it monthly earnings.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    If you've got over 100,000 pages then it definitely is going to be not making much per page LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikey The Geek:
    I mainly have CPM and CPC programs on my site so I generate in excess of 5 dollars per page. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, nice! I guess CPM will drive those numbers through the roof if you have high traffic on a small website.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Donuts:
    Think you need to add some much higher brackets since you made it monthly earnings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what that means. Monthly earnings divide by total earnable pages is an average of how much a page will generate for you overall. Maybe I should have made the poll with higher brackets?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson992:
    If you've got over 100,000 pages then it definitely is going to be not making much per page LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You are right. Having a low EPP does not necessarily mean you make a low income. That is the whole point of the exercise. To see what type of Affiliates are out there (and willing to take the poll).

I find it intersting to see if Affiliates choose to run lots of pages with lower earnings per page or less pages with higher earnings per page. Not that one is right but it was just a thought I had. Now, if you can run mass pages with high earnings per page, then you are set.

Come on, only a 6.7% participation rate! Just do it!

Well I am not about to sit around and count my pages and I probably dont have that many compared to a lot of people here. I think less pages with higher earnings per page is the way to go. Less upkeep. In the beginning I threw up a lot of different things and then I began to focus more on what was making a good return. Lots of ignored stuff still floating around out there.

I meant a whole month's worth of profits is a lot.

And my pages are few.

And your top bracket was only "$5 and beyond"...

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm not enough of a stats freak to bother figuring this out. Besides, since not all pages are equal (some are content, some are sales) it isn't a useful metric for me.

http and a telephoto
    I agree with Rhea on this one. Some pages shouldn't count. I am focusing on making money per site, and number of pages varies widely. Lets just say I don't have any small sites..... And have no way to figure out "sales per page" since I don't have a page count on any of my sites.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Off the top of your head do you know how many domains/sites you have? I don't.

585 page site with about 500 pages with affiliate links. EPP-$11.00/page/month
    ~Ernie

I've got various sites, I guess the EPP ranges from around $50.00 per page to $0.00 per page.

If I take a site somewhere in the middle, it's maybe $5 per page.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. This is good stuff.

Jane: Off the top of my head, yes, I can estimate how many domains and websites I have. Otherwise, I would not expect others to know as well . For what it's worth, an estimate is just that, a decent guess. But you bring on an intersting point. It sounds like many members have too many sites and pages to even know what these numbers are. Thanks for posting. This is also good information.

When I created this poll, I was curious as to what type / how some Affiliates from ABW run their websites. From the poll, it looks like there are many Affiliates who generate a lot of income per page. (More than $5 per page / month).

Given such a small sample size, not sure we can draw direct correlations but nonetheless, at least it gives us a broad scope of where things stand.

If we take these numbers and do some projections with them, it would look like this.

Let's assume that on average, some Affiliates who took this poll has 5 websites and each website contains 300 earning pages. Since we see over 50% of voters generate &gt;$5 per page (300 pages x $5 x 5 websites), their monthly income is estimated to be $7,500. This calculated figure is not the absolute but only based on the above assumptions and poll results.

Of course, this number would fall depending on how many pages an Affiliate has. On average, I would hazard a guess that a site with 1,000 pages that was just thrown up without given much thought might not perform as well as a site with 200 pages that has been tweaked for months. But based on average poll numbers, over 50% of voters makes more than $5 per page. I can only assume that most of these voters can estimate their page numbers since they could calcualte a final figure.

Another finding based on feedback is that there are some Affiliates who have too many websites to estiamte how many pages to run.

I guess the trick is to try and run websites with high $ value earnings per page and run lots of pages. This would be the healthiest if your goal is to generate income. Of course, this is easier said than done.

Thanks again everyone for participating and helping me get this out of my system!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I guess the trick is to try and run websites with high $ value earnings per page and run lots of pages. This would be the healthiest if your goal is to generate income. Of course, this is easier said than done. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too right

Actually, I'm trying to work out if it's:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>The more effort I put into a page, the more I earn from it. Or..
    <LI>The more I earn from a page, the more effort I put into it.[/list]
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    Actually, I'm trying to work out if it's:
    + The more effort I put into a page, the more I earn from it. Or..
    + The more I earn from a page, the more effort I put into it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Or the better a MERCHANT performs the more effort you put into putting up better and different pages for that merchant.

I most definitely do not focus on "per page" and am more focused on "per site" or per site segment. If I make sales on Cafe Press of my personal art work, I go work on getting more images and products added to the sites and sections that are producing sales. If I log into CJ and Joann.com is rocking, I focus on adding products to the site that is generating the hits. If I go to Shareasale and see that people are ordering catalogs from Nature Hills, I brainstorm where else to put the catalog request link.

$$$ are the incentive. When vitamins sell, I focus on vitamin sites, when crafts sell I focus on crafts.

And since I added 80% of my sites in the past 6 months, I am reserving judgement on if any of them are producing well enough to stick around until after Q4 this year. If a site hasn't been around through a Q4 you don't know it's full potential.

And that is of course, just my spin on per page vs per site and what is a good incentive
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Think this topic has run it's course, but I'd still like to say...

This is only for SEO or something. The math ain't working for me.

I'm PPC guy and $5 / page / month would be crazy low and not worth the time to run and manage an ad campaign.

I don't have any pages under $100 EPP. If I had one that low, I'd redesign it or change something else about it's traffic, content and ability to convert. If that failed, I'd delete it.

Good input eveyrone. Very insightful so thanks for sharing.

This is interesting stuff... well, at least to me.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread