4checks invalid links?
    They don't seem to be deactivated, but many of their product datafeed links lead to a "Sorry, this is an invalid link" page.... the ones I've come across so far seem to be just the ones for their "MessageProducts" and "Artistic Checks" sites, which is a pretty large chunk of their offerings.

Does anybody know what's going on with them?
    Last edited by davidh; October 17th, 2010 at 09:09 PM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

"Check Gallery" as well.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Links from a fresh feed work ok. So it's a case of some of the old "clickserve" links work, and some don't. Must be related to this issue Conversion Rates down - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

"LifeChecks" too.

I can't even imagine how much sales volume they're hemorrhaging right now due to this GAN bumble.

This is sort of off-topic, but it could be the same problem that is causing it.
    I received a note on Friday from two non-check related GAN advertisers telling me that they have not been tracking clickthroughs for the past two weeks, so to make it OK, they would pay me the average weekly commission to take care of that. I quit them both within minutes, but what the heck kind of unmanaged network is GAN anyway? I'm pretty sure that was related to their click URL changes because of the time frame mentioned. They are still showing invalid clicks on outdated links although I have had no links or pages on my site since Friday for those two. I have one remaining merchant on GAN and only until I get paid.

What boggles my mind is that some of the links from the same "batches" work, and some don't. Now I'm kind of apprehensive about whether or which ones are even tracking clicks or sales, even if they do bring users to the correct destination page.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

The 4checks data feed has been validated and is functioning properly now. All destination URLs are going to the appropriate product pages. You should not encounter any invalid links anymore.

If you have issues with the data feed, please email us so we can investigate: 4checks-affiliates[at]google.com

Thanks!

Jamie

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread