Funniest Simpsons Quotes, Hey It's Monday...
    It's Monday, the dreaded first day of the work week. So I thought, why not reflect on the funniest moments or quotes from the Simpsons. Let's take a break. I'll get it started.

Suppose we've chosen the wrong God. Every time we go to church we're just making Him madder and madder.
    - Homer

I hope this has taught you kids a lesson: kids never learn.
    -Chief Wiggum

I’ve had it with this school, Skinner. Low test scores, class after class of ugly, ugly children…
    -Superintendant Chalmers.

I want to hear some funny ones I don't remember.

-David Cortez
    Affiliate Manager
    [REMOVED]
    Last edited by Bill; October 18th, 2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Removed link in manual sig

The dummasses will never even suspect me of surreptitiously dropping a link, sooo... why not. It is Monday after all!
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way, I thought could include where I'm from in my sig? Sorry if it came off that way, just had a long day and took a break to look up quotes from the simpsons, and wanted to see if there were other great ones out there.

Sorry again,

David Cortez
    A.M.
    jointal

Sorry, David, but signature rights are not granted until a new member becomes a productive member of the forum. Please do not use any more...

While I could watch and chuckle at Homer (the few times I've watched) I never thought much of the program. I suppose too many years in the classroom led me to appreciate "positive" role models for children, not negative ones.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Ah, forgive me, maybe I should have read the rules more carefully. It wasn't my intention to make a link, just represent where I hail from. Again, I'm sorry, just looking for a bit of humor on a Monday.

I do understand you stand on positive role models, but that's why I don't park my kids in front of the T.V. whenever it is on.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sorry, Bill, but I could not disagree more.

On many, many levels, The Simpsons has been a looking glass into the heights and depths of modern society, and one of the great satires of society ever conceived, and which has incredibly, week after week for two decades, continued to meet the highest standards the show long ago established.

The Simpsons has tacked every sensitive issue facing modern society, providing information, insight, and humor, along the way.

Simpson episodes have referenced great writers, literature, classic movies, and history, such as episodes where Principal Skinner's true identity was revealed in a parody of the 16th century French historical events later novelized and eventually the subject of motion pictures as "The Return of Martin Guerre", and where the classic work of Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez ("Love in the time of Cholera") was parodied as a children's book, ""Love in the time of Coloring Books". My personal favorite was the spoof of the classic Al Jolson movie - the FIRST talkie - "The Jazz Singer", in the story of how Krusty the Clown defied his rabbi father by not following in his footsteps, but rather going into show business. Another great one was the satire of cyrogenics, in the process referencing the class Agatha CHristie novel "Murder on the Orient Express": "Mr. Smithers, in the future, to a dead but cyrogenically preserved Mr. Burns: Oh, Mr. Burns, we'll thaw you out the second they discover the cure for seventeen stab wounds in the back."

How great were so many "throw-away" lines and signs, satirizing beliefs, business, and modern values, such as the Indian airline with the slogan "We treat you like cattle", the small corner hardware store with the sign "A Subsidiary of Global Dynamics Corporation", Maude Flanders saying "I've been going to Bible classes. They're teaching me to be more judgmental.", Superintendant Chalmers saying "But I'm a public servant. I can't use my judgment.", or this exchange: "Grandpa: "I'm an old man, no one listens to me." Lisa: "I'm a young girl, no one listens to me." Homer: "I'm a white male aged 18 to 49, everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.".

I could go on and on, but I'll stop with this quote from Homer:

"Come on, Marge, I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls. I'm sick of eating hoagies. I want a grinder, a sub, a foot-long hero...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live? Won't you please?!"
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Can't disagree with any of what you wrote. The show, indeed, contains insightful writing, by a set of talented people, that reflects upon and satirizes society.

The "problem" is that young children do not understand satire. Too many of them go to school and emulate Bart's bad behavior - that they see their parents laughing at the night before. (Very, very few parents take the time or trouble to use points in the show as "teachable moments" for their children.)

"I'm Bart Simpson, who the Hell are you?"
    "Eat my shorts!"
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I love it when The Simpsons brings out book references

Has to be "I'm Ralf and I've been a good boy" hahahaha

Ralph Wiggum - Daddy I'm too scared, too scared to even wet my pants.
    - Me fail English? That's unpossible.

http and a telephoto
    Moved to Daily Chuckle forum.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread