Just Learning Popshops. How can I add a "sort" ability to my products?
    So I just started using popshops shopbuilder. I found the API interface a little confusing, but I like the shopbuilder. I have narrowed down the products on my site by using specific keywords in the shopbuilder search, and also by catagorizing those results within specific menu links on may page. example: computers/desktops. or computers/desktops/accessories. I was wanting to know if there was a way for my site visitors to sort the results by "brand" "name" and most importantly "price" I have seen some example sites and I cant quite tell what they are doing to achieve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

Anybody?? Any help?? Please...

Most sites that are sorting by price/brand/etc. are not using PopShops. You can sort through datafeeds using various scripts, but PopShops just displays products that you choose, it offers searches for your visitors, but not by price- AFAIK.

Using their API you may be able to write your own script to search results, but then you may as well use the free datafeeds.

If you have the datafeed pack subscription you or the visitor can search products based on price, merchant, percent off, etc. and any of popshop defined variables. If you know how to work with APIs then you can make the calls otherwise you will need a programmer to help you.

I am not a programmer, but I am a self proclaimed computer dork, I can always figure anything out. Everything I know or do I have tought myself. But popshops gives you pretty much no help at all regarding there API service. Yes I do see there example sites and the scripts they use for that, but geeeezz, its not a whole lot to go on. Call me crazy, but if I were popshops and I had this potentialy great service (API) I think I would be a LOT more concerned with providing as much help, and as many script examples as I could so that as many people could use it as possible. Considering it is the most expensive option they sell. By saying they wont help anybody with this and its up to you as the individual to either be a programmer or hire a programmer seems like a trerrible business model, for their premier product. If i have to hire a programmer to help me, I might as well have him build my entire site while I am at it...... I am just venting I suppose, because I will figure it out eventually, but I just wish I didnt have to waste soo much valuable time doing it.

If you paid a programmer to help with one shop then maybe you could duplicate and/or modify the example for other shops. I personally don't use the API package, but kudos to those that do! Wish I could afford it monthly and understand it.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread