Exclamation Custom Links (Redirection)
    I'm having some major issues with this link redirection with Popshops. I would like to have the feeds point to my domain, instead of the Popshops domain.

Being an Enterprise user, I should now be able to add a php code into my index.php file in Wordpress, and hey presto......well, that's what it should have done, but instead, I still have the url pointing to Popshops and not my domain.

With that not working, I then added another code that I found on the forum into my .htaccess file through cpanel and now I have a few errors popping up....LOL...which I am getting my server host to fix....too tired now to work out how to fix it!

This is the what was outlined in Popshops and what I followed:

Custom links (redirection)

Enterprise users can create custom redirects if using PHP. A redirect is what a user sees as the link for a product offer. For example, as a default, the affiliate code is obfuscated with the link redirect "http://r.popshops.com/PRODUCT-TITLE". If you want, you can have the link read: "http://YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/PRODUCT-TITLE'.

Here's how to do it:

In Shopbuilder, click the preferences tab. There you will see a bit of code that you need to copy and put at the VERY TOP OR YOUR HTML. That means there can be no spaces or characters before that code. (Wordpress users, you will put it at the very top of your index.php page.) Additionally, you need to check the box in the preferences tab.

That's what I did, and still nothing.....Any help would be soooo appreciated as I'm now running out of ideas, and not being a PHP expert, I think I've reached my PHP capacity for one day...

Kellonicus

The code would need to go at the very first line and be sure it stays in one line. I can't see how it would belong in the index.php rather than the header.php though.
    Last edited by 2busy; October 20th, 2010 at 08:33 AM.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I stopped using Popshops long ago, but yes the header.php loads first.

Smile Thanks
    Thanks Guys. I really appreciate the reply. I will give it a go and see what happens... :-)

Kellonicus

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread