LinkShare not crediting Merchant(s) for Payments received, in LS system
    Dear Ranae:

One of my LinkShare merchants pays LinkShare like a clock. This is the third time this has happened, that I know of. It happened once, about 12 months ago. It happened with their payment for August 2010 Commissions to their LinkShare Publishers, and, apparently it happened with their payment for September 2010 Commissions to their LinkShare Publishers.

I don't know if the LinkShare employee who is supposed to do this goes on vacation at this time of the year, or, if they have replaced that person, but I hope you will eliminate this problem, so LinkShare Merchant payments are credited to their LinkShare accounts, quickly, so LinkShare Publishers can be paid!

What they are showing on the Publisher interface, in Advertiser Payment History is: "Sept 2010 = Awaiting Payment"

Their check to LinkShare was cashed on the 8th. Today is the 20th and it still does not show that LS has received their payment for September 2010.

If possible, after I post this Public message, I will send you a PM, with my Site ID and the Merchant ID. Also, I suspect, but am not positive, this is also happening on another of my LinkShare Channels, with another LinkShare Merchants payment.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and help! Cordially, Lanny

P.S.
    Below is what the AM of the LinkShare Merchant wrote to me in an email, yesterday, in the afternoon:

"I spoke with my LinkShare contact about this check. She said that she was going to look into it.

She also mentioned that the “Billing History” part of LinkShare (it may have a different name on your interface) isn’t necessarily updated in a timely manner. In theory, affiliates’ commissions become payable when the check gets cashed. Then, after the fact, someone manually enters the “payment received” information on the site. This takes some time and doesn’t tend to happen in a timely manner.

Yet, I am still not sure why my payment, cashed on 8th, hasn’t become payable to you yet. This is frustrating!"

Now showing payment received 10/20/2010
    The LinkShare Publishers interface now shows the payment for September 2010 commissions was received on "10/20/2010". :-)

PLEASE eliminate whatever has caused this problem at least 3 times in the past year! LS had the Advertisers check in the bank on the 8th of October. TIA!

Smile LinkShare interface now shows Direct Deposit was sent today
    The LinkShare Publishers interface now shows that a Direct Deposit for September 2010 commissions from this Advertiser was sent today. Had the AM of the Advertiser not contacted her LinkShare rep, 2 days ago, I have no idea when this payment would have been sent to me......

Hopefully, LinkShare will eliminate whatever causes these Advertiser payments to LinkShare not to be credited in the LinkShare system.

I'm not positive the other Advertiser has their cancelled check for September 2010, but they are looking into that and if so, hopefully they will contact their LinkShare rep, so it gets entered into the LinkShare system.

I am a publisher and I am seeing the same thing. We have not received commissions from Aug for our highest revenue merchant and quite a few others. The merchant tells us that the payment was sent a while back and the check cleared. Linkshare still shows them as awaiting payment from this merchant. We are owed about $10,000 from August and I am pretty sure they have received payment for most of these from the merchants. It is very frustrating when we invest a good bit of money promoting these merchants and we don't get paid on time. We don't have this problem with other networks.

@phreak$how - contact your AM's and ask them to contact LS
    @phreak$how It's already Friday afternoon. I strongly suggest you do what I did. Contact the AMs of the Advertisers you are waiting payments from. Tell them the LS Publisher interface shows "Awaiting Payment". If they have their cancelled check(s), ask them to contact their LS rep. ASAP.

I did that on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the LS interface showed they had received payment on the 20th (check was cancelled on the 8th actually). LS sent the Direct Deposit to my bank yesterday, the 21st. GL! Lanny

It happens that things don't always go as clockwork especially with payments, but it eventually does get sorted out

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread