I was just wandering to myself when exactly is the slow season for affiliates and when exactly is the busy season. I assumed Christmas time would be busy form a sales standpoint, and summer being the slow time. But then again that may depend on what your nitches are. What are your experiences over the years with high low times in sales?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    June & July are slow for me.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    The end of July/Beginning of August for me, but it's because of my target audiences.

Things will start to swell like the tides during a hurricane, come October.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Ditto July. Recovery starts in August, peaks in December, falls apart again in January, perks up a bit in February, hits the doldrums in March and April, livens up in May and June. It pretty much rises and falls in response to major US holidays.

ABW Ambassador
    For me it is right now, October in particular.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimh009:
    For me it is right now, October in particular. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> So,just building 4 sites a few months ago,the whole year is slow for me.Dummies like me, have to rely on help from others, and watching the forum has been the best college online, even had a few PM's from others that helped.I have plenty of merchants, and dropped the ones I think would't interest people online,and too many multiple product merchants, with the same products or service, I can't even get anyone to take a free flag,and that's a poor showing,maybe they think there is a catch, but only shipping and handling, a lot less than those sold in stores.My nickles worth.
    JJ

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Most things get slow in the summer for me, but one year I was able to cash in on a summer-only type of product.

When the kids get back in school and most families quit going on vacations (in September), things pick up nicely. And october's good, but sales should *really* be roaring along in November up until the "last ship dates before Christmas" in mid-December.

January's a good month to pick up on certain niche sales, and the only thing that has kept February from coming in as the 2nd-highest month a couple of times, is the fact that Feb is shorted a couple of days.

Nothing's usually stellar about March-May except for the fact that they are NOT June-August.

Also all my viewers seem to be vortexed away every time there is anything remotely interesting on the TV, regardless of season.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So,just building 4 sites a few months ago,the whole year is slow for me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only have one main site, and as the topic relates to primarily to warmer weather activities, not surprisingly, I get the best convesions and traffic during the warmer weather months. Excluding christmas time, of course.

My prime traffic time (for making $$$) outside of christmas generally is from March through mid-July, as people are interested in my sites topic (a content site), and people use it for research and planning purposes. As summer wears on, though, the interest in the various topics covered by my site very slowly lowers, leading to lower traffic levels and lower EPC via Google AdSense. Also, as summer drags on, I do think fewer and fewer people are online, too, being out on vacation and all.

October is especially lousy ($$$ wise) for my site since summer has fully ended, people aren't even thinking about planning a trip for the next year yet, AdSense advertisers have bailed for the year on many areas my site covers, and because it is still a bit too early to get hit with the christmas rush.

Of course, "lousy" is a loose term. Still should hit the 4K mark in October, at least I hope I do, although that is way down from the 6K mark I've been averaging all summer.

This summer has been nothing but great for me. Three months in a row starting from June got me at least a thou a month.
    Traffic seems to be on the downward trend towards the end of August.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread