After years of reading and commenting about Network behavior, there is a resolve, always has been and probably always will be.

Drop the offending network and move on!

When a network feels the pangs produced by the inability to attract affiliates they will either BOMB out or get busy making changes that need to be addressed.

There are many here at ABW that would shock you if you new even half of the shenanigans they are up to. I read daily XXXXX disgust or hate towards CJ, and yet she/he is loading their links. I watch so many individuals on this board moan grown and complain yet no one is willing to DROP a network?

Until you take a stance as an affiliate the only thing ABW Network threads are good for is Moaning and groaning.

Maybe its time for another Norma Rea!

ABW Ambassador
    Well Sandra, that's where the merchants are. And there are good merchants in each network.

ABW Ambassador
    Like what Trust said.

Some of the really good merchants are in parasite infested networks, but they keep their programs clean of parasites.

If those merchants would move, you know, set up their own independent programs or join a clean network, then to work with them, we'll still have to use that network's links.. unless we are willing to let go of that clean merchant and find a competitor with an independent program.

We have more power of persuasions than the networks would have us believe. I have assisted in the moving of many a merchant to a network or to an in-house program.

Normally it takes a phone call and serious discussion on why the move would benefit all involved.

As ABW is the one of the best resources to obtain the affiliates you want - we really can make things happen.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, let us nominate a speaker who acts for us and negotiates in our name. He should represent the affiliate members of ABW. I nominate Poon for that.

carneol

Carneol,

It does not require ONE person each of us has the ability. It took me 2 years but I finally got eBags over to CJ. Damn I spoke with Jeff until I was tired of hearing myself speak.

It takes time and some due diligence; we do not need a spokes person we need each of us to take the time to work towards our goals.

ABW Ambassador
    What??

Sandra your first post it seems you want to get away from CJ or drop CJ and then:
    "It took me 2 years but I finally got eBags over to CJ." And guess what, they convert just fine at CJ, they can stay right where they are at.

Carneol, i speak for myself and i think most affiliates feel that way.

A good merchant is a good merchant wherever they are. I could care less what network they are at.

Sandra if you or other affiliates want to drop a network, go ahead.

TrustNo1,

The point was simple you can move a merchant with due diligence. Explaining why the change is needed, why spyware will eventually bleed there advertising dollar to Zero with Zero effects. Why a move is needed, there is not a single business model out there that does not change and move with the tide.

There is not a single business that is not willing to make a move if the overall effect is higher revenue without a public black eye!

-----------------------------------------------
    Better add Trust - I wanted eBags away from Befree because they did not offer consolidated payments.

As with all things CHANGE - consolidated payments is the equivalent of a microwave a quick fix but not the real deal!

ABW Ambassador
    And you can't explain this to a merchant just because they have their program at a network? There are clean merchants in all the networks. There are Trusted Merchants here with good AM's who have the program in a network. Essential Apparel, Mondera, Irvs.............

You can but its not working!

I am having better results with in-house programs and since those programs are my bread and butter of course that is the way I am going to pitch the issue.

Personally I think its time to steer away from the networks until they get themselves together!

--------------------------------------------
    Essential Apparel, Mondera, Irvs.............

You mentioned 3 off the top of you're head
    I work with well over 3,000 and the Indies are always the better pay offs.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I've had unstellar results with indies, and network merchants are still way ahead on the hit/miss ratio.

I have a few indies that do well, but I've found more who couldn't sell water in the Sahara.

And when searching for new programs on Google, like I was doing recently, I've found many more indies who just "aren't ready for prime time" in general. When I finally find a site that actually looks like it's not based in some kid's garage, it ends up being a network merchant.

As for the idea of dropping a particular network, though, I think it's a fine idea. After all, there were *NO* LS links whatsoever on my sites for many years!

Even now I only have 3 LS merchants, whereas if I didn't loathe that network passionately, there'd be many, many more. As it is, I had to read LOTS of positive reviews about those merchants before I'd come anywhere near them...and if I remember right it wouldn't be a loss if I went ahead and hit the button again one of these nights...the WHACK button!!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread