Very Low Computer & Electronics Sales This October on CJ
    Hi,
    I'm experiencing very low sales on CJ and I mostly do computer and electronics affiliate programs this October. It's like only 20% of this year's average. The bad trend started in late September. I even have had no sales for 4 days two times in this period. Normally, I have one day with no sales in a couple of months.

I use two different sites to promote aff products.

On Amazon and Linkshare I also have drops, but not as much as with CJ advertisers.

Does anyone have the same issue?
    Last edited by danijelzi; October 21st, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

OK, here we are. So I am not alone. They actually screwed it up.
    It happened to me in the early October, and I currently have an open ticket with CJ regarding sales stopped posting and also communicating with one of my top advertisers trying to figure out what happened.

During last year I bearly had a couple of days with no sales totally. October just struck me. In the first half of the month there was 3 days with no sales (not in a row). And then they just stopped flat on the 16th. Totally. Hey, guys, if you have average of 8-10 sales per day during half a year, if you have sharp targetted traffic that only increases, if you look in your log files and see that your visitors click and click and click through and don't click back, and you don't have a single sale for 4 days, what will you think? I would feel insane to believe that my visitors suddenly stopped buying. It really sucks.

By the way, I am promoting pet products.

When this happens to me (daily sales stop), I change the PID and make sure the CJ xxxxx.com is different too for the affiliate link(s).

It's miraculous how fast the sales start tracking.

I have no idea why this works, but it does for me -- and I have done this too many times for it to be a coincidence.

Anne

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by gettnthar View Post
    When this happens to me (daily sales stop), I change the PID and make sure the CJ xxxxx.com is different too for the affiliate link(s).
    Thanks Anne for the tip.

This is one of the most valuable pieces of information I have read here for a long time.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get a response back from a Merchant - within say 30 days - by using CJ's email interface?
    Last edited by Aspasa; November 5th, 2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: 1st post was Beta

I have no idea why this works, but it does for me -- and I have done this too many times for it to be a coincidence.

Anne
    Cute trick, I'll have to try that.

A lot of times when I put up new sites for a merchant I've never promoted before, I'll get steady sales right off the bat, and then all of a sudden *poof* there's no more sales... even as traffic starts to increase, in the case of new sites. It's a "CJ thang" I guess.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post

A lot of times when I put up new sites for a merchant I've never promoted before, I'll get steady sales right off the bat, and then all of a sudden *poof* there's no more sales... even as traffic starts to increase, in the case of new sites. It's a "CJ thang" I guess.

from what i've read somewhere relating to this pattern, one called it the initial rate.
    so it's common. and puzzling.

theories, anyone? on why this happens?

ABW Ambassador

Anne

i don't think it's a coincidence either.

either server problems or something/somebody is targeting our links.

ABW Ambassador
    i'm just glad you're also seeing these patterns.

Anne
    Can you please explain this a little bit. I am new to CJ and this seems like a neat trick. When you say you change PID you mean you start selling other product?
    And what do you mean by "make sure the CJ xxxx.com is different....." ?

Thanks

Something dreadfully wrong with CJ police...
    There is something dreadfully wrong, unethical and insidious as regards CJ payouts.

How on earth can there not be a central body or even someone to email or talk to when your sales aren't recorded? All you can do is contact the merchant in question. - like getting the Russian Police to look into their own deceit!

One more drink and I'd mention some names but, it has been pretty clear for some time that CJ affiliates are constantly "put through hoops" when querying missing sales. The worst is that the "missing sales" you query are only the ones you know about!

Anyways, it's not as bad as LS (where I will never ever sign up for any merchant any more) but, CJ needs a central autonomous body to look in to missing affiliate sales - not the merchants themselves.

I am currently querying over $500 worth of missing sales commissions from CJ - made (as a CJ Merchant integrity test) by a software lawyer with video recording - and the merchant in question is still (constantly) phart assing about with "we're looking into it" excuses.

Is there a central CJ body that acts on affiliates behalf? Anyone? How on earth can this be?

(I'm really afraid to be too honest here and state what I really think because of unattractive, overweight and powertripping ABestWeb moderators)!
    Last edited by Aspasa; November 16th, 2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: 1st post was beta

Anne
    Yes. this actually works. How come no-one from CJ on this forum addresses this? In fact, how come no-one from CJ admin joins or comments on this forum at all?

My own personal opinion about Anne's technique working is that CJ should be hauled across the coals for knowingly being involved... How the heck do you get to these scum? any lawyers out there? Who checks the integrity (lol) of these people?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread