Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Wonders If Pop Shops Ever Plans To Get Serious About Customer Service?
    With this over 2 hour downtime last night. Scheduled maintenance? I check here, Facebook, Twitter, email, nothing mentioned. Then knowing it was down still nothing. I see Michelle reading this forum today, crickets. Hasn't posted in a month and a half. Is there anybody that works there that has any customer service experience? Next time, I'm calling home phones when this happens again.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Matt was a really good guy and very helpful. He has been gone more than a year now, I guess.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I was just looking at the PopShops forum listings here, and right off hand, I can't see anyone from PopShops who has been very visible around the forum for some months.

Of course, I didn't look through all the threads, and that may be an unfair assessment. Just really seems that PopShops people hung around here and responded once in awhile when someone posted about a question, problem, or other issue.

In all honestly, I only have PopShops on a few sites I rarely update anymore. I'm sort of "grandfathered in" at the old "Pro" monthly rate, so I'll probably keep the account open and maybe use it once in awhile. But frankly PopShops no longer does much for me anymore and isn't as high on my list of useful tools as it used to be.

I'm not meaning to place all the blame on PopShops for that. Part of the issue I have is that several of the merchants I used to use often via PopShops have let their affiliate programs deteriorate by hiring clueless affiliate managers or simply neglecting to keep their datafeeds usable. Since I use mostly PopShops, it's PopShops usefulness that degrades in those cases.

But the frequently crappy, idiotic job of failing to categorize datafeeds is a whole separate issue, and I won't go there. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Popshops was down for 2 hours last night? I went to bed "early" at midnight last night perhaps it happened after that?

Did Matt leave? I didn't even know. I still communicated with him at the beginning of this year so it must not been more than a year, hound. I don't know why they don't hire more people.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah View Post
    Did Matt leave? I didn't even know. I still communicated with him at the beginning of this year so it must not been more than a year, hound. I don't know why they don't hire more people.
    I guess I'm assuming he is no longer there - he last posted here over a year ago and we had been communicating on something for a while but I last heard from him about then also. So, Matt, are you there??????
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    The only support person I've communicated with at popshops this year is Michelle. Whether it is a merchants@ or support@ request, she's the only one that replies. Sometimes a ticket takes a few hours to get a response, sometimes it takes days, or longer. Hard to blame on her if she's the one and only support person.

To be honest I do not expect Popshops to keep going at this rate, personnaly I started move sites away from popshops, my term is up soon but I wil pay the $300 and keep the account but to be honest I do not expect they will be around next year to take my money. Maybe some big company will buy them out and run the company correctly I think they would be able to make some $$$ if they wanted to.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I do not expect they will be around next year to take my money.

I hope I will have a plan B ready by then.

To be honest I do not expect Popshops to keep going at this rate, personnaly I started move sites away from popshops, my term is up soon but I wil pay the $300 and keep the account but to be honest I do not expect they will be around next year to take my money. Maybe some big company will buy them out and run the company correctly I think they would be able to make some $$$ if they wanted to.
    Kinda scary to think of this since I am so reliant on them.

But it is a good idea to plan ahead and be ready if this happens.

It is never too good to be dependent on something that could be out of your control, like Google.

There are several issues that have come up in this thread that I would like to address as best I can.

• Late Wednesday night we encountered some upstream routing issues at one of our datacenters, resulting in a loss of connectivity for some clients within certain geographic regions. Engineers were able to work with the datacenter to get the issues resolved within a two hour window. I apologize for not getting an announcement up on Facebook/Twitter while this issue was in progress. In the future, we have put a protocol in place to announce any system issues in Twitter/FaceBook as soon as we can before, during or immediately after the incident.

• We are experiencing a higher than usual number of support tickets from merchants and affiliates. We are expecting to be current on support requests by early next week.

• Regarding popshops viability… PopShops is very sound with solid fundamentals and continues to experience strong growth.

• Although we would love to, we just can't commit that this forum will be monitored on a regular basis by PopShops staff. If you have a question for Popshops we ask that you please utilize the support system, Twitter or the FaceBook page (you don't have to sign up for FaceBook to read the alerts).

I hope this clarifies some of the concerns that have been posted.

Michelle - is Matt J still with Popshops (See posts 2, 4, & 5 above)?

Oops... I meant to address that question too. Thank you for bringing it up AffililiateHound.

Yes Matt J is still associated with PopShops. He is working behind the scenes more at this time. I did mention to him today that he was missed and appreciated.

can anyone recommend another deal feed just as good or better then popshops?

Yes, Popshops support has changed in recent times but I still think it is the best thing!
    :-)

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hello all;
    I have been trying to write popshops via their merchants@ and also Matt@ about adding one of my programs now for 2 weeks but no reponse.

Hows does one contact them?

For those using their feeds, are they being updated?

Thanks
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Richard, I am an affiliate but Popshops support has always been a problem with Phopshops.

As an affiliate and with talking to merchants I know first had that it can take weeks for feeds to get update. I have one who I contacted about their feed getting updated on Popshops and they told me that they pulled their feed over a year ago from the network however they are still available on Popshops with all of the links getting directed to their home page.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Yes the feeds are being updated daily and I have never had a problem with support. Michelle Gordon is the person who works with the merchants now. She has been very timely on all merchant problems that I have sent her way via the merchant@ address.
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    wow, I canceled my account with them before the price increases. I'm surprised they're still having the same issues after all this time.

Lostdeviant, In my option support has only gotten worse but on the positive side they have less outages.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO View Post
    Hello all;
    I have been trying to write popshops via their merchants@ and also Matt@ about adding one of my programs now for 2 weeks but no reponse.

Hows does one contact them?

For those using their feeds, are they being updated?

Thanks
    Hi Richard,

I certainly understand your frustration. Unfortunately I have not received any requests from you, I just did a search in our ticket queue and I am not finding a ticket. I have just sent you an email from our support system. Please reply to that and we will work toward integrating your merchants.

Regarding the feeds. The feeds are updated on a regular basis. PopShops system is designed to update a feed when a change has been detected.

As some have stated, there are some out of date feeds still on Popshops, we are in the process of clearing inactive feeds out at this time. When a PopShops subscriber comes across an inactive feed, or a feed with an issue a quick email to support@popshops.com is much appreciated as we can then query the merchant or disable the feed which ever is appropriate.

Best regards,

Michelle
    Last edited by MichelleG; February 17th, 2011 at 01:16 PM.

Richard, I am an affiliate but Popshops support has always been a problem with Phopshops.

As an affiliate and with talking to merchants I know first had that it can take weeks for feeds to get update. I have one who I contacted about their feed getting updated on Popshops and they told me that they pulled their feed over a year ago from the network however they are still available on Popshops with all of the links getting directed to their home page.
    Hi kse,

Which merchant is it that pulled their feed? We are really working toward keeping the feeds current, but some, slip thru the cracks.

Thank you.

Michelle
    Last edited by MichelleG; February 17th, 2011 at 01:20 PM.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi Michelle;
    got ur email and replied to both ur email and merchants@

Let me know if you need anything.

Richard
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Funny. I referenced this specific issue in my "sky is falling" thread 2 years ago. i think it was the only thing I was right about.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I find Michelle very responsive, but then, I'm not a merchant waiting for a feed to get uploaded. If she's the only "live" support person, then she's doing a heckuva job. Also thrilled they dropped that interim "FAQ" support email. Hated doing that "two-step" dance.

Which still begs the question as to why there aren't more support + other staff. No new features in a very long time...
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I just think it's dumb not to answer questions in an active forum. It should actually cut down on support questions since we could find answers here via searching. All it would take is setting up post notification to an email.

But maybe problems are kept away from public eyes for some other reason?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast