Question Why do some shareasale records break?
    I am parsing a large shareasale datafeed and it works fine except that all of a sudden in places in the file it doesn't parse. The row looks just like all the others in Excel. I can't figure out what might be wrong.

Should I be happty if 90% of my feed parses?

It could be that the same product is in another row and it is not parsing because it has already found the same product some other place in the feed.

The program I use to parse feeds will eliminate duplicate lines that are the same product.

some php commands have record length limits or parameters (fgetcsv for example). check the row to see if the description is extra long or if the size of the row is excessive

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyAffiliate View Post
    I am parsing a large shareasale datafeed and it works fine except that all of a sudden in places in the file it doesn't parse. The row looks just like all the others in Excel. I can't figure out what might be wrong.
    I have one merchant on SAS who has image urls broken with linefeeds and they haven't fixed it in over a month. Some others have special characters in the description that cause the php coding to "give up".

You could either give up on those rows, or run a preg-replace to remove "invalid" characters e.g. create a "whitelist" of characters and then do a negative preg-replace.

Quote Originally Posted by netmktg View Post
    I have one merchant on SAS who has image urls broken with linefeeds and they haven't fixed it in over a month. Some others have special characters in the description that cause the php coding to "give up".

You could either give up on those rows, or run a preg-replace to remove "invalid" characters e.g. create a "whitelist" of characters and then do a negative preg-replace.
    This was the greatest frustration when I had datafeed sites. All too often there were characters in the feed that broke my code and they had to removed with each update.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread