Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    It's been good to see yourself, Rachael and some others from your group active and posting some good information here lately.

But here's the problem. All that good information particularly when related specifically to KB/Kolimbo/MYAP is scattered all over the board. It's not like folks are going to necessarily go searching in the LS forum if they are looking for info on Kolimbo.

Isn't a forum for KB/Kolimbo/MYAP long overdue? <hint hint> Ok, not really a hint at all. You guys need to get yourselves a forum here! Everytime you guys posts, someone usually comes back with a question/comment regarding your company/services. More and more affs are looking towards independent merchants also.

I'd love to see a forum for KB/Kolimbo in general and then a nice space devoted for any of your MYAP Merchants who would want to their own forum. You gonna let all the other 'Networks' beat you on this one?

I agree with Ms. B !

More and more of my merchants are running their software/program, they really need to be thought of as a network, and not something the TD used once.

I also think it would strengthen the presence of their clients (our merchants), with some dedicated space here. Your time has definitely come.

Fred

We've actually been discussing this internally. For now we're pretty content to have our merchants have their own presence here as indies, but we can see some advantages to centralizing things. We're working this out as we go along, as we really want to make sure our merchants can feel they have private programs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff_Kowabunga:
    We've actually been discussing this internally. For now we're pretty content to have our merchants have their own presence here as indies, but we can see some advantages to centralizing things. We're working this out as we go along, as we really want to make sure our merchants can feel they have private programs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like more of an answer to pre-launching Kolimbo, than opening a forum.

The answer actually contradicts even the notion of Kolimbo when Jeff says:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>we can see some advantages to centralizing things <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Notwithstanding that, I guess it's more "advantagous" to post in high visibility threads than to participate fully with both the good and the bad exposed.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko: Notwithstanding that, I guess it's more "advantagous" to post in high visibility threads than to participate fully with both the good and the bad exposed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we can all look at the example of Haiko's warm, welcoming tone at one of the reasons we are not part of this community.

Nobody. Nobody, was more of a pusher or cheerleader than me for ABW a few years back. I still am too. Which is why I sit here, week after week, month after month, wondering where the ire displayed to me and the untarnished and excellent brand that I work for comes from. It's ponderous really.

So I guess perhaps you should ask Haiko why we're not part of this community, not us.

Also. I guess I'll use this high profile post to my advantage and announce that we'll be bringing a blog to you soon, where you can comment and interact with our top guns.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

OK, I want both the good and the bad exposed.

What's the real scoop, folks?

Come on. Spill it!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Jim,

Welcoming tone? What a load of crap, how many times have I put proposals to KB!???

KB! has specifically not participated in a forum, not because of me or my lack of trying but KB!'s own issues, but the exposure it can get from the high visibility threads obviously outweighs any "tarnishing" that participating on ABW may cause it.

As for the "ire" displayed to you and your brand --- I remarked about Jeff's statement and how, besides being left handed, it was not congruent to KB!!'s current undertakings with Kolimbo, I guess that was bad, now I know that I should have been bending over backward for your brand to open a forum, for the umpteenth time, sorry.

Happy bloging!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim@KowaBunga!:
    untarnished ... brand <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    OK, I want both the good and the bad exposed.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SSanf, then it won't be "untarnished", get the point?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Whew - this thread went down hill about as fast any thread I ever saw.

I will say I have been glad to see some of the posts that have been made lately and always appreciate other points of views "especially when they seem logical or add value to what's being discussed". I do believe some of the recent posts have added value (at least where I was looking for comments) and with that I'll say keep um coming in any shape or form .

I agree that some of the self serving posts have added value to the discussions, but I also believe that there is a balance to all equations. I guess I didn't sound "welcoming" enough for the past three years so we'll never have any issues "aired" in a public ABW forum ... as not to "tarnish", of course.

Hey, I wonder why a major company like ***** drops a KB program that is waaaaaaay cheaper than their other program? Or hey, I wonder why ... want me to continue? Maybe the questions will be covered in the new KB! Blog.

Oh d@rn, there I go ... being "unhospitable" again
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Haiko, we have nothing to hide as a company, I am more than willing to answer any questions anyone has in a public forum. We are very proud of what we do and the advantages we believe our business model has over the traditional networks, and I'll debate that issue with anyone.

However, that has nothing to do with opening up our merchants to this community. Every one of them purchased a private program from us. Many of them have also opened forums here. It would be completely inappropriate for us to open the rest of the programs to ABW through a Kolimbo forum without first communicating with them, finding out if they are interested, etc. As I said, we are discussing it, but it will take a lot of work to coordinate that sort of involvement from hundreds of private merchants/programs. And frankly, threads like this make us hesitant to even approach our merchants with such an offer. This is nothing against you or the ABW community at all, but I'm sure you must understand our position on this.

Well, I think if we are going to be talking about this group, we should be talking in one place if possible.

Jeff NOT having a forum does not guarantee that your merchants will NOT be discussed here.

Lots of merchants are discussed who are independent. Well, except the good ones, of course. We don't tell who they are because who needs the competition. If they don't do right, they indeed will be talked about.

So, Jeff, why does a program drop you when you are waaaaaaay cheaper than their other program, anyhow?

Opening a forum is your own decision to make, or not. You don't need to take a poll. Can you even imagine one of the other networks doing that? HA! CJ sure never asked when they closed one down, either. Even good hearted, trustworthy, SAS never asked anyone's permission for a forum or whether they should participate in one here. So, I do NOT understand your position on this.

And, Jeff, do you really think anyone from ABW is going to go out of their way to read your blog?

Maybe, once or twice, but you just don't have a big enough draw by yourself. This is where the viewers are.

I can't imagine a forum costs too much and I do think you would make more money if you have one here.

I ought to open the "SSanf is a great affiliate" forum and let merchants chase after me! I could have threads in each category of product I carry and let merchants discuss how they do in each category for me and why other merchants should/should not stand on their heads and whistle Dixie to get on my sites.

(Haiko! That was a joke! Don't you dare!! )
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Certainly there are merchants who are discussed here who don't have their own forums. That isn't the same as us emailing all of our merchants -- again, who purchased software from us to run a private program -- and telling them "By the way, we're welcoming the ABW crowd to critique your programs, sorry we didn't ask you first." Our relationship with our merchants is far different, contractually and otherwise, than the networks, even SAS.

Kolimbo itself is a balancing act for us. It was created to offer affiliates who had multiple MYAP programs one central place to manage them. We debated a long time before creating it because of the delicate relationship we have with our merchants.

Could we open our own forum here? Yes, and as I said, we are talking about the best way and the best place to do that. ABW offers exposure to affiliates, as has been pointed out, but it also has its own controversial reputation within the larger marketing community. As a business we have to weigh the pros and cons of that, and the pros and cons for our private merchants.

Do I think anyone from ABW will read our blog? I really don't know. Maybe if it addresses issues like trying to elimiating adware from KowaBunga merchants, combating ad blocking, and issues like that then it will be read. If we don't feel it's getting enough exposure maybe we'll re-think things.

As far as why ***** dropped us -- and I think it's notable that I know who you are talking about because it almost never happens -- that is an issue between us and the merchant. Let's just say that we were fine with them leaving, and I don't wish to disparage anyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why don't you just make a Kolimbo/Kowabunga/MYAP forum? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Trust great idea! Wish I would have thought of it.

Man oh man what a can of worms I opened up unintentionally. Jeff all I meant was that you guys have been participating here and you have been addressing questions specific to Kolimbo all over the place. I was suggesting a KB/Kolimbo forum specific to KB/Kolimbo like CJ/BF, LS, SAS, etc. I certainly wasn't implying that MYAP Merchants had to be forced to get their own forums also for there to be a Kolimbo forum. Just that if a MYAP Merchant did decide to have a forum, there'd also be a logical place for them to be located on the boards. Like SAS Merchants are in the SAS forum, LS Merchants in the LS forum, etc.

I thought it was a good idea, some other affs seem to also, but evidently KB/Kolimbo doesn't necessarily see it that way. So okey dokey.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So I guess perhaps you should ask Haiko why we're not part of this community, not us.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim whatever issues you obviously have with Haiko are not my business. I'd appreciate not being pulled into the middle of them. I had absolutely no ulterior motives or hidden agendas with my original post. Since KB/Kolimbo has been being active here lately, I thought it would be a good idea for them to have a dedicated space. Guess not, but then all my ideas can't be good ones.

ABW Ambassador
    "Hey Trust great idea! Wish I would have thought of it."

Your idea was for them to pay for a forum right?

"I was suggesting a KB/Kolimbo forum specific to KB/Kolimbo like CJ/BF, LS, SAS, etc."

They don't pay.

I deleted my first post because i don't think it was coming out right. Paid forums are for merchants or networks who want control over it and to promote themselves. Then you have forums (free) because of affiliate interest. Like Performics, LS, CJ, Amazon etc. Are Clickback, ClickExchange paid forums? I know AffiliateFuel was, is SAS?

Ms B. -- I really didn't think it would be a can of worms when you asked it or when I first answered it.

As I said, I'm just worried that a Kolimbo forum by its very nature does automatically include all the merchants there, and because we're not a tradtional "network" and instead sell software to private merchants, that makes it complicated.

Maybe I'll open up a "Yo Jeff Doak" forum?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your idea was for them to pay for a forum right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was??? Don't see that I said that anywhere at all. Actually, pay or no pay wasn't even anything that entered into my mind at all when I made the post. I don't get involved in that whole money thing.

@Jeff:

I don't know Jeff. Seems it's getting more complicated than what it has to be. Most of the posts I've seen lately have to do directly with Kolimbo such as the certification stuff, questions about payment, consolidated checks, etc. Maybe you could call it "We're not a Network in the Traditional Sense So That Makes For Lots Of Questions (Plus We Sell Affiliate Tracking Software To Private Merchants Some Of Who May Not Necessarily Be in Kolimbo)." Oops I didn't manage to work in KB in there anywhere. Anyway, like I said it was just an idea I had so posted this morning.

ABW Ambassador
    I assumed that's what you were thinking since you said: Yo, Jeff you need to get a forum. Otherwise you would have just suggested it to Haiko or the suggestion forum below. Don't know, but one would be nice either way. There are some nice MYAP merchants out there.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread