Outsourced Program Manager Shaina@GHC's Avatar
    Disappearing Links
    I am completely new at all this but I have been working for months at trying to get links to our site. We just passed the 100 mark recently and it felt like all my hard work has paid off. A couple days I was at home doing some work and got on our site to check some things out. I have the SEOBOOK toolbar that gives me all the link numbers for that specific day and earlier in the day it said 114. That night, it said 33.... Where did all of the links go? Today it says 40. If the owner sees how low it's dropped, he will be irate. Does anyone know what could have possibly happened? They've never dropped so significantly like that before, EVER....

I am a bit worried.

Also, how do I make a signature on here? I can't find it...

Thanks so much everyone!

Signatures come with time and participation, details are in the Rules. I think your question might be better answered by users of the toolbar that is giving you problems. The place where you got the toolbar should be able to answer your questions about its behavior.
    Good luck.

Outsourced Program Manager Shaina@GHC's Avatar
    Thank you so much for responding!
    I don't mind waiting for the signature. Just thought maybe I was losing my mind finally since I couldn't find it.

And that's a good idea. I just talked to the IT guy and I think we've figured it out. It's still kind of confusing since Yahoo is being changed up through Bing. I guess we'll just see what happens!

Links Issue
    Well this is the problem which is not only faced by You but everyone.
    Actually this is not the issue.Some times search engine are making updates to sites and SERP thats why links are shown less in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaina@GHC View Post
    Thank you so much for responding!
    I don't mind waiting for the signature. Just thought maybe I was losing my mind finally since I couldn't find it.

And that's a good idea. I just talked to the IT guy and I think we've figured it out. It's still kind of confusing since Yahoo is being changed up through Bing. I guess we'll just see what happens!

Did all your links ever come back? I noticed the same thing on the website I'm building and it was a little frustrating since it was my first site and I put alot of time trying to generate the links one by one...

plz don't believe tool bars. just search for the links in Google and yahoo. there you can get real result. i think you can see the correct result there.

link: (space) site
    try it
    Last edited by bestwebman06; January 15th, 2011 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joer View Post
    Did all your links ever come back? I noticed the same thing on the website I'm building and it was a little frustrating since it was my first site and I put alot of time trying to generate the links one by one...
    I'm hoping this is not a sign of things to come. Just as I'm ready to ramp up my strategy.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread