Anyone Else Get Terminated From Verizon Broadband Services?
    I got an email in CJ from Verizon Broadband that I as terminated. No reason was given. I've got those emails in the past when a merchant was closing their program on CJ.

I replied to the email asking for clarification but they din't respond.

Did anyone else receive an email like this?

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    I got an email in CJ from Verizon Broadband that I as terminated. No reason was given. I've got those emails in the past when a merchant was closing their program on CJ.

I replied to the email asking for clarification but they din't respond.

Did anyone else receive an email like this?

Your not alone - same here ...

We regret to inform you that the Commission Junction advertiser Verizon Broadband Services has chosen to expire its affiliation with you effective 27-Oct-2010.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I wonder if they're closing the program.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Ditto with me.

At least I'm in good company.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

It seems the advertiser is not happy with your leads, the bad news is in such circumstances CJ will investigate, and they will do this by asking for your traffic sources, depending on how you reply you may not get paid, and even if you get paid your account might be terminated

Quote Originally Posted by dagaul101 View Post
    It seems the advertiser is not happy with your leads, the bad news is in such circumstances CJ will investigate, and they will do this by asking for your traffic sources, depending on how you reply you may not get paid, and even if you get paid your account might be terminated
    Negitive - as noted above .. when alot of affiliates get terminated - its a sign the merchant is hopping over to another network or closing there affiliate program.
    Last edited by Georgie Peri; October 24th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Don't take it personally. Verizon Wireless recently terminated most, if not all, affiliates from the Google Affiliate Network. Google gave a thorough explanation that Verizon Wireless was dropping all affiliate marketing to see if they can maintain similar sales without it. I would ass-u-me that Verizon is now doing the same with Broadband.

GAN mentioned that Verizon may be back. I hope so, they were one of my top sources of affiliate income. But judging from what is happening with Broadband, it looks like they're happy without affiliates...for now.

Every month (or so) I get another direct mailing to my business (law) office from Verizon promoting their latest broadband/phone/FIOs/etc bundle. The mailings aren't cheap. I guess they're getting results "for the money paid" so they might consider dropping affiliates if the headaches are fewer.

I finally just signed up when they offered a "no early termination" package. I never quite fully understood the insistence on running a program that was a set up for this: Customer: "Hey, now that I tried your service I've discovered it just doesn't work for me (or it SUCKS!). I'm so unhappy I want to terminate it NOW." ServiceCo: "Hey, we're sorry to learn that for you WE SUCK. Now, to add to your pain PAY US EXTRA MONEY!" Customer:"Wow! You really suck a whole lot more!"

Makes perfect sense to structure customer relationships to maximize the dissatisfaction. That way, when the customer discovers that PlanB is worse than ServiceCo the customer will be ready to run right back . . . NOT
    Last edited by BeepBeep; October 30th, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
    I'll get the hang of it eventually. :0)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread