View Poll Results: Which networks would you never work with?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Commission Junction

3 6.25%
  • LinkShare

9 18.75%
  • Google Affiliate Network

4 8.33%
  • ShareASale

2 4.17%
  • buy.at

1 2.08%
  • AvantLink

2 4.17%
  • AffiliateFuture

1 2.08%
  • ClixGalore

18 37.50%
  • PepperJam

18 37.50%
  • DirectAgents

8 16.67%
  • None - I'll work with any network.

12 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Are there any networks you would never work with?
    Are there any networks that you would never work with, even if there's a merchant that you could only get through that network?

Choose each network you would never work with, or "None" if you'll work with any network.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    For me ClixGalore and ClickXchange. Used to be PJ but that changed when GSI bought them and moved all their merchants over. So had to make the move and then actually using the network, it's fine. But the first 2 I mentioned, never unless they had some super duper merchant I've always wanted, but I doubt they would go there anyway.
    Last edited by Trust; October 25th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.

Are there any networks that you would never work with, even if there's a merchant that you could only get through that network?
    It's a matter of "all or none" for me They all have their shortcomings; some major, some minor.

Results here would be somewhat biased anyway, as ABW is also SAS Fan Club headquarters.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I agree results would be bias also. People may click SAS because their payment was one day late

If people are gonna click SAS because their payment was a day late (mine is now 5 days late), the same could be said for every single network. All networks have flaws of one sort or another.

However, the "SAS Fan Club Headquarters" comment is indeed a true and wise statement. I have often wondered if SAS owns ABW. I think a lot of "newbies" to ABW see a SAS bias.

That old argument or excuse for it of being around and earning a great reputation isn't entirely accurate. Maybe, when folks say that they should add "Give out the most prizes, have the most contest and have more 'open bar events' than other networks.

I'm not in Affiliate Marketing for prizes, contest or indulging my alcoholic intake desires.

Pretty revealing statistic: 9 votes so far, and nobody has said "None - I'll work with any network". I certainly didn't expect that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Tax Paying Member
    About 4 years ago, I got so PO'd at CJ that I have not even looked at their site since. Yes, I have dropped merchants who moved to CJ.............I do think about working with CJ again.......when I get the time.

I did work with Clixgalore in the early days. Never made any money, but I got some practice. Do not work with them now.

Shareasale is good. It is always easier to work with a company who communicates.

Work with Linkshare.........Yes, I do get paid

Work with GAN also...........Evidently I do not promote hard enough. Never made a sale.

I also work with AffiliateFuture and But.At

I was turned down by Avantlink.
    Last edited by Witzer; October 25th, 2010 at 04:46 PM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Michael, since we are on this topic and I would really love to get current options so would you be willing to create two more polls:

1) What is your favorite Affiliate Network?
    2) What network generates the largest income for you?
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Michael, since we are on this topic and I would really love to get current options so would you be willing to create two more polls:

1) What is your favorite Affiliate Network?
    2) What network generates the largest income for you?
    You're welcome to create polls here. The first one is asked every year in our annual polls, so I think that would be pretty redundant. The second would be good, though. I know in my case, my favorite network and the one I earn the most from aren't always the same. (Some months they are, but not always.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I never considered Pepperjam based on the people who started it and their history here, but recently there have been several posts saying how good the network is under the "new" regime. This poll, however, so far at least, re-affirms my original opinion. I'd love to see more comments about PJ while I contemplate my vote and re-consider my viewpoint.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Why not just sign up and try it out? The people voting might not have tried it out either. Maybe they have, who knows. I've tried both those Click networks out, didn't like them. Like I said, I didn't like the original people, even tho I think they're still there in some capacity, then I was reading from people who actually signed up and actually were using them (they seemed to be liking them), much better than opinions of people who have no experience giving their opinions on it (too much of that lately) so I decided to try them out myself, it's the only way to know for sure.
    Last edited by Trust; October 25th, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Seriously considering it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, thereís no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

>> Are there any networks that you would never work with, even if there's a merchant that you could only get through that network?

- If they have no commission payment option that works for me. (Bank Transfer, cheques, Paypal)

- Bad reputation for cheating, failed to pay commission, unreliable, unfair to affiliates , etc.

- more other reasons, need some time to think
    Last edited by Vrindavan; October 26th, 2010 at 02:02 AM.

I won't work with a merchant that expects me to sign up via a server that is not secure.

I won't work with a merchant who does not provide payment via checks.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    It's a matter of "all or none" for me They all have their shortcomings; some major, some minor.

Results here would be somewhat biased anyway, as ABW is also SAS Fan Club headquarters.
    There's definitely some truth to this. There's a lot of staunch SAS supporters here. In my case, it's a well earned trust, but everyones mileage may vary.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    I was turned down by Avantlink.
    I'm wondering if that was just because you hadn't got started good or some snafu. I would try again now. They are the easiest to work with out of the entire list people wise.

I nixed Linkshare for too many reasons. Never is a long time though and things could change.

Knowing what I know by now, I would never say never, again...

But in the meantime... I will still keep an on things...

Would not consider working with pepperjam, since they are not accepting me, inspite of having A+ record

Maybe I will apply again, since I have been hearing nothing but good about this network lately.

I would like to see some more votes so that this would be more statistically relevant, but some very interesting initial observations:

1) 85% of voters have at least one network that they would never work with. That's much higher than I expected.

2) Two networks (Pepperjam and ClixGalore) have 40-50% of voters who would not work with them. I really didn't expect any network to get THAT MANY votes.

3) Of the big four, LinkShare is the least liked by a pretty big margin.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Never say never.
    Never say never!

Today there are a few networks that I don't work with (notice I didn't say won't) but that's today. This industry seems to be in a constant state of flux so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:51 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    ... This industry seems to be in a constant state of flux ...
    As does rematt's avatar, apparently. Do we know you?? Oh! It's YOU. I remember the name, but I don't recognize the face ... ??
    Generate more fake news.

As does rematt's avatar, apparently.
    Sorta miss that Seal of approval one.

Back by popular demand.

Popular being relative of course. In this case 2 apparently sober members will do.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I chose none for now. I'm only part of 7 of the 10, and I personally haven't had an issue with those 7 yet. The other three I haven't tried yet. Although 1 of the three I haven't tried yet cold calls me all the time.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread